Subsea engineering introduced and explained in a comprehensive distance learning training course
Commences 1st September 2011.
Visit website. Download course brochure here.
Due to high demand IBC Global Academy has added a new enrolment date for its Fundamentals of Subsea Engineering.
This training introduces all major aspects of the processes, technologies and systems involved in subsea oil and gas production. Delivered by distance learning, the course is an invaluable introduction to this crucial and complex field.
The programme explains how subsea oil and gas production is possible by examining the fundamental concepts, equipment, technologies and systems involved in drilling for deepwater oil and gas, and bringing it to the surface for storage and offloading. Topics include:
• Offshore production
• Design and building blocks of subsea engineering
• Different types of subsea completions
• Flow assurance
• Subsea production systems and equipment
• Production control systems
• Drilling control systems
• Costs of subsea equipment
• Operations, maintenance and integrity of subsea systems
• Decommissioning subsea equipment
• New subsea technologies
• Detailed examples of subsea developments around the world
All students will benefit from our distance learning system. You can learn about subsea engineering while you work, wherever you are. Your industry expert tutor offers support via an online forum. The IBC Global Academy 24/7 online portal lets you ask questions, discuss issues and interact with other students around the world.
• Introduction to Subsea Production
• Wellheads, Xmas Trees and Manifolds
• Pipelines, Flowlines and Risers
• Control Systems, Umbilicals and Equipment Costs
• Reliability, Maintenance and New Technologies
• Subsea Developments: Context and Case Studies
For a more detailed description of the Subsea Engineering module contents, download the course brochure here.