Microbial Corrosion Masterclass on 8th & 9th November 2011 in Vienna, Austria
Unlike any other similar courses on MIC, an important feature of this course-in addition to a review of electrochemical corrosion for industry applicants – is the emphasizing upon “myths” and misunderstandings related to recognition and treatment of MIC (micro-biologically influenced corrosion).
During this two day course, practical measures against MIC in new and operating systems will be discussed with a top ranked speaker Dr. Reza Javaherdashti, who has more than 19 years of experience in corrosion management in various industries around the world, has done consultations about corrosion management for clients such as Petronas, Woodside, BHP and more and has published more than 30 root cause analysis reports, 3 books on corrosion and microbial corrosion and authored/ coauthored more than 40 peer reviewed conference and journal papers.
- Several case studies
- Practical examples
- Group works
- Shot tests at the beginning of each day targeting the topic of the day
- Extensive course manual
On the completion of this course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Have a better understanding of the importance of routine corrosion mitigation methods
- Have learned the most sensible and trustful way of MIC treatment
- Recognize MIC from other types of corrosion manifestations
- Give advise on materials selection and biocide control
- Differentiate “myths” from “realities” in MIC mitigation
- Design/apply prevention/mitigation of MIC practices
- Why are corrosion management techniques effective?
- How can a system become vulnerable to MIC
- Prevention and mitigation methods: How effective are they in practice?
- “Myths” and misunderstandings about MIC: How much truth is there?
Who should attend
The course is designed for the benefit of industries such as:
- oil and gas industry (on shore and off-shore),
- piping industry,
- sewage and waste water treatment.
The course is of a special use to:
- asset managers,
- plant engineers,
- consulting engineers,
- specialist contractors,
- asset condition inspectors and overseers,
- pipeline engineers,
- materials and corrosion engineers.
For more information contact on [email protected] or +421 257 272 118.