CV Experienced Systems Engineering Manager in Royal Navy
Experienced Systems Engineering Manager in Royal Navy
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Experienced Systems Engineering Manager in Royal Navy - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Elderslie, United Kingdom Citizenship:Australia
English Australian Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Electronics Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea Present Location: Scotland, Glasgow Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I have recently left the Royal Navy after serving over 20 years. It is my intention to pursue a career in the Oil and Gas industry and believe that my experience as both an operator and maintainer of communications equipment would be an excellent asset to any future employer.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
NOV 2006 – Present, Systems Engineering Manager, Royal Navy
• Successfully ensured my unit was able to maintain fast and efficient
communications with the Operating Authority located in Britain whilst the
submarine was deployed on operations, achieving this by reinforcing high
standards of maintenance and fault finding techniques with excellent results.
• Maintain Communications equipment ranging from VLF to UHF Transmitters
and Receivers as well as the upkeep and maintenance of masts, aerials and
• The installation and setting to work of specialist radio equipment.
• Maintain type 1007 Radar equipment.
• Maintain the Internal Communications equipment, LAN and Communications
Message Handling Systems onboard the Submarine.
• Supervise the training and work packages of junior members of the Engineering department onboard.
• In charge of various Electrical Damage Repair teams onboard the submarine.
FEB 2000 – AUG 2004, Internal Communications Maintainer Royal Navy
• The upkeep and maintenance of the Submarine Internal communications
systems and networks.
• Assist engineers in the installation, maintenance and upkeep of equipment
within the Weapons Engineering Department onboard.
• Work as an operator in the Wireless office, operating communications ranging from VLF to high tech UHF Satellite systems.
• Work with Hydraulic and pressurised air systems from low to high pressure.
• Perform as a member of Action Repair Teams and Fire Fighting Teams onboard.
JUN 1988 – AUG 1999, Communications Operator, Royal Australian Navy
• Supervise the smooth running of communication centres onboard and ashore.
• Operate communications systems ranging from HF to UHF Satellite systems.
• Ensure junior operators are receiving the correct training required to progress in their own careers.
• Perform as a member of the Damage Control Team and Standing Sea Fire Fighting party at sea.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
WiFi Communications Completed 2009 SCN LTD, City &Guilds
Data Communications Completed 2009 SCN LTD, City &Guilds
Copper Network Infrastructure Completed 2009 SCN LTD, City &Guilds
Fibre Network Infrastructure Completed 2009 SCN LTD, City &Guilds
SPO Duty Senior Rates Completed 2007 MWS Excellent
Maintainer courses in: Completed 2007 RNSMS HMS Raleigh
Radar 1007 and NAVAIDS Maintainer
Radio VLF/LF Communications
Submarine Command and Control Systems
Section and System Management Course
HF Communications Outfits
V/UHF Miscellaneous Communications
Satellite Communications Systems
UHF ESIX and Civilian Maritime Satellite Systems
Drug and Alcohol Awareness Completed 2007 HMS Raleigh
Equal Ops Awareness Completed 2007 HMS Raleigh
Foundation Degree of Engineering Completed 2006 University of Portsmouth
Apprenticeship in Engineering Completed 2006 HMS Collingwood
Royal Navy Leadership and Management course2006 HMS Collingwood
Health and Safety awareness Completed 2006 HMS Collingwood
Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Completed 2003 HMS Raleigh
Operator Mechanic Comms 1 Completed 2002 RNSMS HMS Raleigh
NVQ LEVEL 2 in Engineering Maint Completed 2002 HMS Collingwood
Operator Mechanic Comms 2 Completed 2000 RNSMS HMS Raleigh
Personal Safety and Social Responsibility Mar 2000 HMS Raleigh
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Interactive Computer Courses Completed 2000 HMS Collingwood
LAN Topologies and Techniques
Internet working Devices
LAN Media and Components
Excel 5.0 Introduction
Word 6.0 Introduction
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Holder of a full UK Driving Licence
Holder of Valid Australian and UK (EU) passports