|Sr Instrument Engineer, Teknica Petroleum Services U.K Waha Oil Company (NOC/ConocoPhillips) Libya
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Sr Instrument Engineer, Teknica Petroleum Services U.K Waha Oil Company (NOC/ConocoPhillips) Libya - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): Halifax, Canada
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in Electronics
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
Bahrain, Egypt, French Guiana, Iraq, Libyan Arab Jama., Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Rep., United Arab Emirates
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Over 25 years in active and hands-on design and field applied varied engineering activities related to phases of project handling and Management including: feasibility study, detailed engineering, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning, maintenance support, etc in an Oil Refinery and Onshore/ Offshore Oil & Gas production facilities environment
In a leading role, successfully concluded the upgrade of the instrumentation/ control systems for several projects. This included project management and cost and time schedule control essential for the successful conclusion of such projects and associated responsibilities.
Comprehensive knowledge & experience with a wide spectrum of instrumentation systems and equipment from simple pneumatic instruments to complex control systems, including DCS, PLC, ESD, F&G, SCADA, metering, turbine & compressor control systems on-line analyzers supplied from recognized professional vendors and/or suppliers, namely: Honeywell DCS , Modicon PLC, Allen Bradley PLC, Triconix F&G and ESD systems, General Electric Speedtronics , Bently Nevada Vibration systems etc
Comprehensive hands-on experience as related to in-depth engineering studies and design works, technical specifications, preparation of bid packages, bidding management, and procurement activities.
Working knowledge: IEC, IEEE, NEC, API, ISA, and NFPA standards
Computer literate: especially MS Office & MS Project
Familiar with Maximo Maintenance Management system
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
October, 2006– till September 2009
Position: Senior Instrument Engineer
Employer: Teknica Petroleum Services – U.K
Client: Waha Oil Company (NOC/ConocoPhillips) – Libya
• Prepared Engineering package for new projects and plant modifications: project design basis , definition reports , cost estimates and Scope of Work for EPC contractor
• Issued technical clarification, technical bid evaluation, commercial clarification; commercial bid evaluations followed by recommendation of different offers and review/approve FDS and Detailed design.
• Handled and coordinated multidiscipline projects/jobs involving inputs from other engineering disciplines and other departments.
• Provided technical advice during construction phases and assisted in commissioning and starting up activities.
Main Jobs handled:
• South Waha Oil& Gas Station Field Instruments Upgrade
• Upgrade of Waha SCADA system
• Upgrade of field instruments and control systems of Solar turbines & York compressors
• Upgrade of field instruments and control systems of GE “frame 5” Turbines & Generators
October, 1983 – October, 2006
Employer: Zakum Development Company (ZADCO)
UAE – Abu Dhabi Oil Production Company
July,2004 – October ,2006 Instrumentation & Control Engineer ZADCO
September,1999 – July,2004 Team Leader ZADCO
April,1994 – September,1999 Sr Automation Engineer ZADCO
March,1989 – April,1994 Lead System Engineer ZADCO
October,1983 – March,1989 Instrumentation & Control Engineer ZADCO
Main Jobs handled:
• Successfully implemented various turn-key upgrade projects:
PLC sequencer from Modicon 484 into Modicon 984.
Fire and Gas system of Dresser HP Water injection Pumps.
Speedtronics control system of turbines.
ESD and F&G Modicon 584 dual systems with system support modules to Triconix triple systems.
• Successfully liaised, and coordinating SCADA project technical activities among site, contractor, and concerned company departments.
• Prequalification, bid evaluation, contract handling, as built documentation, review/ approval of contractors’ technical & project documents, co-ordination with clients & contractors/ vendors, and hands-on supervision of installation and commissioning.
• Preparation of: Cause & Effect Diagram (C&ED), Logic Diagram, and Shut Down and Control Philosophy
• Active Participation in HAZOP and SIL reviews workshops
• Performed sizing of control valves, safety relief valves, and flow elements. Selected control loop elements and procured materials.
• Studied ZADCO Instrument / Control equipment obsolescence problem and proposed solutions
• Replacement of Zirku Daniel Metering Station HP computers with PCs.
• Specification Preparation for the Mateo-Oceanographic System to be installed in all sites of Zadco
• Created, amended, and successfully implemented stock for operational spares with Maximo Maintenance Management System.
• Successfully analyzed and improved the performance of Thermo Electric Generators (TEG).
• Diligently handled Zakum South Satellite MATRA “MTU” /HONEYWELL “DCS” interface problem: issued wiring modification, configured drawings, and successfully implemented the modification.
October, 1978 – October, 1983
Employer: Alexandria Petroleum Company
Egypt –Alexandria – Oil Refinery Company
Position: Instrumentation & Control Project Engineer
• Reviewed and commented on Engineer and Vendor drawings viz., P&ID, Instrument. Installation Details, Plot Plans, Wiring Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, etc.
• Checked Engineer sizing calculations for control valves, flow elements, and safety relief valves to ensure compliance with process conditions and performed modifications as necessary.
• Checked data sheets of selected instrument types and checked materials received to ensure compliance with calculations, specifications and applicable safety regulations.
• Marked up engineer and vendor drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
• Planned for construction duties and issued activity reports.
• Liaised with Operation Departments during commissioning and startup.
Main Jobs Involvement:
• New Field Instrumentations and Control System for new Lube Oil Production assembly.
• New Field Instrumentations and Control Systems fro new Hexane Production Unit.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) – www.cfse.org March 2006
Post Graduate Diploma - Electro Physics & Electronics Engineering 1978- 1980
Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
B.Sc Degree - Electrical Engineering / Communication 1971-1976
Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Scada & Control System / Computers:
(1) Honeywell Courses:
- TPS GUS Implementation.
- TDC 3000 Application Module Implementation.
- TDC 3000 Universal Station Implementation.
- TDC 3000 Advanced Process Manager Implementation.
- TDC 3000 Local Control Network Maintenance.
- TDC 2000 Maintenance.
- TDC 2000 Operation and Configuration.
(2) Modicon Courses:
- Modicon 984 Modplus and Hot Standby.
- Advanced 984 Modicon PLC Operations and Maintenance.
05 - 13 December1994
- Modicon 584 Maintenance.
- Modicon 584 Operations and Programming.
(3) Allen Bradley Courses:
- PLC 5 Advanced Programming Using RSLogic 5 Software.
23 - 27 August 1998
- PLC 5 Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
30 November – 4 December 1997
-PLC 5 Introduction to Programming.
31st March – 4th April 1996
Services of 4105, 4107,4109 Terminals , 4695 Colour Copierand 4170 Local Graphics Processing Unit
(5) Taylor Instrument Limited
- TAYLOR “MOD 3 “and “MOD 3100 “Computer System practical experience in the following departments:
1- Factory Repair.
2- Field Service.
3- System Engineering.
18th May – 17th July 1981
-TAYLOR Analogue Equipment
13- 16 April 1981
-TAYLOR Digital Electronics,TAYLOR MOD 3 “DCS Maintenance,POL * 3 language “Software”,TAYLOR 1010 “Supervisory Computer Hardware.
5th January – 20th March 1981.
(6) Sperry Univac “V 77 - 600 “Mainframe Computer Maintenance.
(7) Digital LA36 Maintenance
(8) CONTROL DATA CORPORATION , theory and operation of the 9427 H Hawk Disk Drive
(9TECHEX LIMITED, Intercolor Hardware/Software
(10) Microprocessor Course.
(11) Siemens “ TELEPRM M “Digital Storage Programmable Process Automation System
(12)Foxboro SPEC 200 Instruments for Process Control.
Maintenance & Safety:
-Functional Safety Engineering II
-Functional Safety Engineering I
- Maintenance Planning & Control.
- MAXIMO “Computerized Maintenance and Material Management System “Maintenance Course
-Modern Safety Management: Risk Assessment & Risk Management.
29th January – 1st February 1994
Networking & Computer Courses:
- Novell 4.1 & MS Mail
3rd March 1997
Fiber Optic Cables Technology & Application
15 - 20 January 1999
-Advanced MS EXCEL 5.0
9 – 20 March 1995
- Network Design.
25 September 1993
- MS DOS (Advanced), dBase IV (programming) , Lotus 123 (Advanced) ,MS Word 5 (Advanced)
18 October – 21 November
-Autocad Rel 11
1 – 16 Sept 1992
Administration & Management Skills:
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
19 - 21 May 2001
- Cost Effective Maintenance Management “Euromatech”
17 - 21 February 2001
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
21- 25 March 1998
- Initiatives Management Instructional Techniques Course.
30 May – 1st June 1994
- Effective Communication Skills. “Meric”
18 - 22 April 1992
- Technical Report Writing “Professional Communication Services United Kingdom”
11 – 15 February 1989
- Effective Management Skills for Supervisors. “Professional Communication Services United Kingdom”
2 – 6 April 1988
English Courses :
-IELTS 2 “British Council”
13 January – 11 February 2004
-Upper Intermediate ( E2/1) “British Council”
14 April – 8 June 1992
-Upper Intermediate ( E3/1) “British Council”
25 January – 4 March 1992
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I have good experience with MS office, MAXIMO "Maintenance Management System", MS Project and Autocad
In addition to software of PLCs "RS Logix", Modsoft, Prowox , software of Honeywell TDC 3000.
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I worked as Instructor for Instrumentation several years in U.A.E
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
|I am certified for "CFSE"certified functional safety expert
Companies now require CFSE holders to oversee safety projects