Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Roustabout Larchford Limited (Land Rig), Rotal Navy Engineering Technician (Weapons Engineer) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: United Kingdom, Newcastle Upon Tyne Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
An enthusiastic individual experienced in performing the duties of a roustabout on a hydraulic onshore drilling rig. Accustomed to working in harsh environments and irregular shift patterns. Fully conversant in engineering principals and practices with a keen eye for detail. A confident team leader who is adaptable to changing circumstances.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
December 08 – March 09:
Roustabout Larchford Limited (Land Rig)
• Preparing drilling equipment before use and maintaining whilst in storage.
• Carrying out relief duties on rig floor.
• Assisting in Removal of Blow Out Preventer and wellhead equipment.
• Assisting Electricians, Welders and Mechanics in the performance of their duties.
• Preparing tubular for running-in (removing protectors, greasing tubular threads, measuring and numbering tubular, assist running-in of tubular.
• Assisting Pump man and Mud man in maintaining Mud system.
• Prepare and assist in rig moving.
• Carry out general housekeeping duties around the rig, on pipe racks, in sack store, pump room, silo areas and storage areas.
• Standing in for alternative work disciplines as required.
September 02 - Sep 08 Royal Navy:
Engineering Technician (Weapons Engineer) 1st Class HMS Edinburgh
• Accustomed to working irregular shift patterns for extended periods of time.
• Responsible for leading fire fighting teams under arduous and dangerous circumstances.
• Devised and implemented a training regime for junior personnel, ensuring a smooth career progression.
• Carried out planned and preventative maintenance on various electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Responsible for the safety of Personnel whilst loading and unloading dangerous explosives, taking into consideration the Health and Safety and experience of all members of the team.
• Accountable for keeping a running watch on all live machinery, ensuring that all logs and legal paperwork was completed correctly.
• Ensured that all live machinery was correctly made safe prior to commencing work on the system.
Operator Mechanic (Electronic Warfare) 1st Class HMS Edinburgh
• Responsible for the ships navigation safety, using RADAR to report
all surface vessels within the vicinity to the senior management.
• Mentored and supervised junior personnel, providing support and encouragement during dangerous seamanship evolutions.
• Ensured that all personnel working within the vicinity adhered by Health and safety legislation and followed laid down and promulgated procedures.
• Ensured that all COSHH regulations were adhered to and that all PPE was correctly worn when required.
• Provided the first point of contact to visitors to the vessel, ensuring that security procedures were adhered to whilst maintaining cordial relations.
• Provided briefings and presentations to executive management
• Collated and published data for the commands appreciation, regarding threat levels and weapons systems currently in use by ships and aircraft within the vicinity.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• OPITO Approved BOSIET, Nov 7th 2007.
• OPITO Approved Slinger and Banksman, Jul 11th 2008
• OPITO Approved Greenhand course including manual handling, COSHH and permit to work, Jul 11th 2008