CV Mechanical Technician, Wortex UK Limited Libya, welder looking for work in the oil and gas industry
Mechanical Technician, Wortex UK Limited Libya, welder looking for work in the oil and gas industry
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Mechanical Technician, Wortex UK Limited Libya, welder looking for work in the oil and gas industry - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
CV/Resume ID no.:
102550 Last Updated:
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Location (Residence): Lake, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in city and guilds level 3 carpentry Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), Libyan Arab Jama. Present Location: UK, Isle of Wight Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To whom it may concern, I am looking for work in the oil and gas industry in the field or offshore. I have had some years experience in welding both as company director subcontracting from the Home Office and welding aluminium RIB's for a local company. I have also worked in the marine industry and I am an experienced boat handler.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1988 - 1991 Bembridge, Isle of Wight.
Deckhand and Assistant Engineer (Self-Employed)
• Deckhand on coastal potting boat (38 foot Lockin). Daily maintenance and emergence servicing of 320hp Iveco. This job also included the daily service and emergency repair of the hydraulic system and water pumps.
1991 - 1994 Grimsby, UK
First Mate and Engineer (Self-Employed)
• First mate and engineer on a 52 and a 62 foot North Sea crabber. I was responsible for the running of the ship and crew while the Skipper was not on deck as well as normal deck duties. Servicing and repair of hydraulic systems and water pump systems within the Vivier tanks. Servicing and repair of the Perkins donkey engine and the main 480hp Bowdwin engine.
1994 - 1996 Portugal and France
Mobile Mechanic (Self-Employed)
• Running a mobile repair and engineering workshop fully equipped for welding with Arc and Mig. Jobs included welding and fabrication, and the servicing and repair of generators and fire pumps
1997 - 1999 Cowes, Isle of Wight.
Welder / Engineer (Self-Employed)
• Fabrication of experimental aluminium Rigid Inflatable Boats for the Metropolitan Police, Elf Oil and Maersk Shipping. Duties included redesigning and Mig welding of the aluminium hull and superstructure and the fitting of engines and jet drives. I was responsible for the running of the shop floor as well as my production duties. I was also responsible for sea trials and testing prior to shipping.
1999 – 2002 Nationwide
S.D.S. Engineering (Company Director)
• Fitting out of H. M. Prisons for the Home Office. The job included the fitting of window grills, cell doors and frames, gates and locks in refurbished and newly built prison blocks. I was responsible for a crew of 6 men and was answerable to the Home Office clerk of the works.
2002 – 2005 Southampton and Isle of Wight.
Welder / Engineer. (Self-Employed)
• Member of the crew of a working barge, marine civil engineering which included construction and repair of piers and pontoons including the construction Yarmouth harbour life boat station and pier head repairs at Esso Oil Refinery, Fawley
2005 – 2008 Southampton and Isle of Wight
• I chose to retrain in carpentry at City College, Southampton while remaining self-employed due to the welding and engineering jobs being unavailable.
2008 – To Date Libya
Mechanical Technician for Wortex UK Limited,
• I am responsible for the overhaul, maintenance and breakdown repairs of Ingersoll Rand gas compressors at an onshore oil and gas field at Nafoora in central Libya. Work is generally carried out in a team of four men, with 8 weeks in the field and 4 weeks home.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
VHF Radio Operators Licence
SFIA Sea Survival Certificate
CITB Certificate for Abrasive Wheels
CITB Forklift Operators Licence
IWC Boatman’s Licence
CITB Five Day Health and Safety Course
(this certificate has now lapsed)
City and Guilds Level 3 Carpentry
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Limited but willing to learn
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I an a good communicator and willing to learn where needed
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]