CV Marketing related experience, Retail Sales Office Assistant South Africa
Marketing related experience, Retail Sales Office Assistant South Africa
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Marketing related experience, Retail Sales Office Assistant South Africa - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Durban, South Africa Citizenship:South Africa
English South Africa Other:
English South Africa
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Marketing Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular), Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe Present Location: South Africa, Durban Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To whom it may concern
It is with great interest that I am forwarding my CV for your consideration.
My record of academic achievements and part time employment history demonstrates attributes that make me a valuable employee.
A combination of a Media and two Marketing degrees as well as my great sense of creativity makes me the perfect candidate for the Marketing position.
I am a hard working individual who has currently completed a Bsoc honours degree in Marketing at the University of Kwa Zulu Natal Pietermaritzburg. In my undergraduate year, my degree consisted of a BA qualification having majored in Media and Marketing. I have a passion for Marketing and as mentioned above, I possess a balance of creativity and knowledge in the field. I am enthusiastic about what I do and I hold leadership qualities as I have led in a number of student activities such as the Durban Youth Council and other Student social events.
My CV is attached to provide you with details of my skills and accomplishments; however I am certain that a personal interview would more fully reveal my desire and ability to contribute to your organization.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
2008: Retail till Operator (sales)
CNA, Edcon-Sales related
• Stock Taking
• Dealing with customer queries, problem solving and handling of complaints which in turn will lead to customer satisfaction.
• Handling cash and operating an electronic cash register
• Balancing cash received at the end of each day
• Selling and approaching customers to open accounts
• Check stock delivery in detail, ensuring correct stock has been delivered and put stock on shelves in stock room.
• General administrative duties
Skills gained during the internship (work experience) programme
• Work independently
• Working in an environment of diversity
• Basic administrative skills
• Interactive/Communication skills
2007: Office Assistant and Admin
Cainmore Trading Investments
• Internet Research
2005-2006: Promoter and Sales Consultant (sales)
• Selling and approaching customers to purchase the Vitality Cards.
• Stock taking
• Customer service and satisfaction
• Handling customer queries
Balancing cash received for the day
• Data Capturing
• Marketing of daily specials or promotions available
2004-2005: Brand Ambassador
• Building the brand for Vaseline Blue Seal
2002-2003: Outdoor Promoter
• Distribution of flyers at rugby stadium
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Feb 2008– Nov 2008: University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (PMB)
Postgraduate Degree in Marketing (Honours)
Advanced Marketing Planning
Strategic Brand Management
Advanced Topics in Marketing
Dissertation Topic: A study determining whether a uniquely South African culture can be formed post apartheid
2005-2007: University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (PMB)
BArts Degree majoring in Media and Marketing
Modules Studied and Passed
Introduction to Media Studies
Writing for the Media
Integrated Marketing Communications
Operations Management and Entrepreneurship
Academic Communication Studies
Media in South Africa
Advertising and Marketing
Introduction to Marketing and Human Resources Management
Advanced Cultural Studies
Ethics of Power
Special Topics in Marketing
1999 – 2003:Danville Park Girls High School
Subjects Passed: (Matric Exemption)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Internet and Email
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Excellent communication skills
Well groomed and well spoken
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Vice class Captain in high school
• Durban Youth Council 2002-2003
• Producer and actor of house plays and school plays in Grade 11
• Grade 11 committee member
• Certificate of Graduation
• Certificate of Merit in Zulu- 2006