CV Civil/Structural Engineer Steel and Concrete Design, Foster Wheeler USA Pierce Goodwin Alexander
Civil/Structural Engineer Steel and Concrete Design, Foster Wheeler USA Pierce Goodwin Alexander
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Civil/Structural Engineer Steel and Concrete Design, Foster Wheeler USA Pierce Goodwin Alexander - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Houston, United States Citizenship:United States
Spanish Traditional Sort, English United States Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Civil Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States Present Location: USA, Houston Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Please accept this letter and the accompanying resume as an expression of my interest in a position with your organization.
As my resume indicates, in May 2010, I expect to receive a Masters in Civil Engineering with emphasis on structural engineering from the University of Houston. The courses I have taken include offshore structural, dynamics of structures, finite element method, and advance concrete. The following semester I will be taking advance mechanics of materials, matrix analysis, and construction project engineering.
I have over two years of civil/structural engineering design experience. My charge included ensuring projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
I have acquired a sound overall knowledge of leading edge engineering principles, tools, and practices, with emphasis on design, building, and approvals. I am proficient in the use of various structural programs including StaadPro, SAP2000, Foundation 3D, AutoCad and Microstation.
My personal attributes include leadership and sound judgment as well as creativity, analytical and troubleshooting skills. I interact productively with people from diverse backgrounds. I have a career history of achieving employment goals, and quality of work carried to timely completion.
I am certain I could make a significant contribution to your organization, and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you to discuss my education and abilities.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Foster Wheeler USA July 2008 - March 2009 Civil/Structural Engineer II
• Performed steel structure and foundation design using hand calculation and also utilizing tools such as STAAD and FDN 3D (Valero Port Arthur Ref – Four Drums Coker-DCU Revamp).
• Designed and engineered supporting drum vessel steel structures, process piperacks, air fan coolers steel structures, and miscellaneous equipment and vessel foundations.
• Performed a dynamic analysis on a pump to design the foundation
• Reviewed drawings and data from vendors to produce fabrication and construction drawings.
Foster Wheeler USA July 2007 - July 2008
Civil/Structural Engineer I
• Modeled Coker and Derrick Structure utilizing StaadPro based upon available existing drawings/pictures and applied wind loads calculated using ASCE 7-05 for a revamp.
• Assisted in modeling the frame structure for Coke Drum Valve.
• Coke Pit/Pad sizing based upon coke drum cycle times and storage requirements.
• Calculated disc spring sizing and quantity required to resist differential movements of Coke Drums at anchor bolt base ring.
Pierce Goodwin Alexander & Linville May 2006 - July 2007
Structural Engineering Intern
• Determined the max shear and moment due to the dead load and live load on a junctions box using CULV5 design and sized the reinforcement
• Contributed to the bent transverse analysis by calculating the dead load and live load using ASSHTO HS20 plus impact loadings for beginning and end of bridge and inputting calculation into STAAD Pro.
• Selected the deck slab and bottom slab reinforcement using Caltrans bridge design details.
• Calculated the drainage due to the 10 yr. and 100 yr. storm flood
• Participated in the analysis of the structural moments and axial loads applied to the superstructure and the columns due to the dead loads using STAAD Pro and hand calculations.
U.S. Department of Interior-Minerals Management January 2006 - May 2006
Structural Engineering Tech Intern
• Reviewed platform applications for installation, modification, repair and removal
• Maintained the database by correcting errors, validating data and populating data
• Analyzed offshore platforms on the OCS
• Performed platform permits as required by the Code of Federal Regulation
• Guide operators on routine problems and errors on operator-submitted requests
• Developed presentations for seminars
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
University of Houston – Civil Engineering
Masters in Civil Engineering May 2010
University of Houston – Civil Engineering
Bachelor Science in Civil Engineering May 2007
ACI Concrete Repair Basics December 2008
AISC Seismic Design Manual Seminar November 2008
International Building Code 2006 November 2008
CAXperts Clash Approval Manager Training October 2008
CAXperts ReviewGen Training October 2008
Hilti – CCD Strength Design for Post Installed Anchors May 2008
Smart Plant Review Training May 2008
Contech – Tensar Geosyntethic Technical Seminar June 2008
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Auto CAD, Microstation, STAAD Pro 2007, SAP2000, Foundation 3D, SmartPlant Review
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I can handle high pressure environments with ease and open mindedness, while being a good team player and having excellent communication skills.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Society for Civil Engineers - Student member
National Civil Engineering Honor Society – Chi Epsilon
National Engineering Honor Society – Tau Beta Pi