CV Safety/Training Officer and Cargo Operator on FSOs, Teekay Marine Services Vancouver Canada
Safety/Training Officer and Cargo Operator on FSOs, Teekay Marine Services Vancouver Canada
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Safety/Training Officer and Cargo Operator on FSOs, Teekay Marine Services Vancouver Canada - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Mumbai, India Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Marine Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: India Present Location: India, Mumbai Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Putting a few words about myself, I am a focused person with good communication skills and a systematic approach. I am willing learn new concepts and open to suggestions and corrections, which I try to use effectively to better the organization and myself.
A person who believes in teamwork, ”To Walk the Talk” and capable of interacting effectively with seniors and colleagues and shall contribute substantially given an opportunity in your esteemed organization.
I have been working as a Safety/Training Officer and Cargo Operator on FSOs am presently employed as Safety and Training officer with Teekay Marine Services, Vancouver. I have also sailed on Chemical, Crude and product tankers. Presently working on FSO installations. I have been associated with the oil/petro and chemical industry for the last 10 yrs and have all the required valid Certifications and training required for this job .
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
PRESENT JOB: CARGO OPR and SAFETY/TRAINING OFFICER
Maintaining the Cargo records and all the associated equipments in line with the company policies. Production and more such.
Presently my job involves ensuring safety on board the installations and training crew members in various aspects and installation related duties along with operational and procedural safety.
To carry out HSEQ meetings and to encourage all staff to contribute and participate actively for enhancing safety culture and also to carry out inspections /assessments and make recommendations to the HSEQ managers and Installation Manager regularly.
To conduct enquiries and incident investigations, to report and update database with Near miss/Safety Observation processes and to observe the trend of same.
To ensure implementation of Permit to work system(PTWS) and compliance with operational procedures.
Conduct assessments of crew members and carry out safety inductions for various high risk jobs/tasks on installations by means of videos, demonstrations and training.
Also carry out competency management for all personnel on board the installation, which includes mentoring them in various rank specific competencies and other general work practices.
1. Worked for Phillips India Ltd, as a sales/retailer relation’s executive for 3 months. (Summer Job) 1997
2. Prior starting as Deck Cadet worked in Davic Ship Management Office for 6 months, offering assistance to vessel managers.
3. Joined Merchant Navy in 1998 as a Deck Cadet and have been sailed since, have traveled worldwide. Presently on board FSO installations in capacity of Safety and Training Officer.
4. Have worked with crew of various nationalities (Scandinavians, Europeans and Latin Americans) and have sailing experience on board Product Tankers, Crude oil Tankers, VLCCs, Chemical Tankers, FPSO and Container Ships. Have also served as cargo operator on the FSOs
5. Have worked as 2nd officer and safety/Training officer on ships since 2005. Have completed specialized training for safe operational procedures on ships, permit to work systems.
Have trained crew members in various ship board duties, procedures,
safe and effective ways of working. Have also been trained to conduct
Health Safety Quality environment audits and meetings and to assess
the performance of crew members.
6. Have provided logistic support to shipping consultancy firm, operated by a relative. The firm dealt in providing Insurance, Job Assistance, pursuing studies abroad and other Investments opportunities for seafarers.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Secondary School Certificate 1995
Higher Secondary certificate 1998
Pre Sea Training 1998
Degree in Certificate of Competency for
2ndMates on world wide merchant vessels 2002
Govt of India-
Shipping management (undergoing 1st yr) 2009
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
pursued a diploma in Comp operations!
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
1. Various modular courses in Public and Resource management, courses in Medical aids, Fire fighting, Oil handling, Navigation of ships, Radars, Radio Operators license and training Courses in Emergency preparedness and similar such. Courses for Safety Officer, training officer and training to conduct audits and meetings related to Health Safety Quality and Environment.
2. Training to conduct assessments of crew members,
3. Helicopter Landing Officer training .
4. Training to conduct incident investigations.
5. Underwent computer operations diploma course
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Looking for shore or Offshore employment willing to settle abroad!