CV Graduate Marine Engineer with shiprepairing experience, MSc in University College London (UCL)
Graduate Marine Engineer with shiprepairing experience, MSc in University College London (UCL)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Graduate Marine Engineer with shiprepairing experience, MSc in University College London (UCL) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): London, United Kingdom Citizenship:Romania
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in Marine Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: United Kingdom, London Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
With prior experience in the Marine Engineering sector I have gained significant analytical problem solving skills together
with a structured understanding in science. Summer work placements have increased my adaptability in working environments while respecting deadlines.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
June – Sept 2009 Summer Intern - NAVOTEC LTD, Romania/Turkey/Senegal
- Part of an emergency response unit providing technical assistance to ships in distress.
- Involved in projects such as : repair of main engines, diesel generators, reverse gearboxes, hydraulic systems, steering gears for tugs, bulk carriers and oil carriers.
I have improved my technical skills by being an effective member of a team of engineers working on a varied range of projects while adhering to tight deadlines.
June – Sept 2008 Summer Intern - NAVOTEC LTD, Romania
- Being part of a team of engineers assigned to planning the complete overhauling of the propulsive and auxiliary systems on a 25.000 dwt cargo vessel.
- Hands on work experience during the overhauling of the main engine ( MAN 8DKRN ), auxiliary engines (ALCO 251 series) and other auxiliary systems of the above mentioned ship.
During my internships I have improved my communication skills and team work while offering innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
University College London (UCL) - (Sept 2009 - Sept 2010)
MSc Marine Engineering
- Advanced Computer Applications in Engineering (CFD & FEA)
- Materials & Fatigue
- Vibrations, Acoustics & Control
- Power Transmission & Auxiliary Machinery Systems
- Applied Thermodynamics & Turbomachinery
University College London (UCL) - (Sept 2006 - June 2009)
BEng Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture
(Graduated Second Degree Honors)
- Naval Architecture
- Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Stress Analysis
- Modelling & Analysis I, II
- Principles of Management
- Applied Electricity & Instrumentation
- Materials & Design Studies
- 3rd Year Project: Automated Ship Layout: developing a tool that will generate an initial disposition of spaces in Paramarine/SURFCON for cruise ships.
Mircea Cel Batran National College, Constantza, Romania (Sept 2002 – Aug 2006)
Graduated MCNC with an overall grade of 9.27/10.
Relevant grades achieved at Romanian Baccalaureate:
-Mathematics : 9.4 /10
-Physics 9.8 /10
Relevant subjects taken: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
- Proficient use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
- Advanced use of Paramarine/SURFCON , Matlab and Fortran.
- Advanced use of Autocad LT,Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver,Macromedia Flash.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
- Full European Driving License.
- Sailing - National Champion on FINN class and Vice Champion on 420 class (both in Romania).
- Fundraising events for children with mental illnesses.
- Mentor in UCL’s Transition program, helping new students settle in at UCL.
- Affiliate committee member of the Engineering Society at UCL.
- Enjoy playing basketball,tennis, kitesurfing.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]