CV Offshore Surveyor in Acergy, Hydrographic Surveyor, Ex Royal Navy Sailor
Offshore Surveyor in Acergy, Hydrographic Surveyor, Ex Royal Navy Sailor
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Offshore Surveyor in Acergy, Hydrographic Surveyor, Ex Royal Navy Sailor - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Anstruther, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
No Degree Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Scotland, Fife Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
A positive, proactive and reliable candidate, currently looking for a new and challenging position within the Offshore Hydrographic Surveying Sector, however would consider other career areas. Keen to learn and improve on existing skills and expand on global experience within this field.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
TRAINEE OFFSHORE SURVEYOR WITH ACERGY 2008-2009
• Operating various surface and sub-sea acoustic and positioning systems.
Multi-beam echo sounder
CTD (conductivity, temperature and depth sensor gauge)
Excel and Word
Hain (Hydro-acoustic inertial navigation system)
HiPap (High precision acoustic positioning)
TSS 440 Pipetracker
• QC & QA of logging data.
• Spoolpiece metrology
• LBL metrology
• Pipeline and route survey
• Umbilical and pipelay support
• Dredging operations
• Pre and post anchor survey
• Sub-sea structure installation
SENIOR ABLE SEAMAN SURVEYOR ONBOARD HMS ROEBUCK 2007-2008
• Boat coxswain for all aspects of survey related tasking.
• Working closely with all junior surveyors, teaching them the principles of multi-beam and single-beam watchkeeping and
• Taking charge of deploying and recovering various towed body sensors.
• Armed quartermaster, responsible for the security and safety of the ship and crew members.
• A valued and highly qualified member of the ships gunnery crew.
• Taking charge of five junior ratings on my part of ship entering and leaving harbour.
HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEYOR ONBOARD HMS ENTERPRISE 2004-2007
• Sea survival equipment maintainer
• An eager member of the detached survey team setting up tidegauges, carrying out military levelling tasks and beach
reconnaissance in various ports.
• Working in a small team on the survey motor boat collecting various acoustic data, whist experiencing harsh weather
conditions and overcoming system faults.
• Overseeing general ships husbandry and maintenance schedules and conducting a wide range of seamanship evolutions.
ROYAL NAVY SCHOOL OF HYDROGRAPHY AND METEOROLGY 2003-2004
• Completed the survey recorder module, an exigent and highly self motivated course, achieving high standard in all
• The course entailed the ability to delineate the coastline.
• Set up of surveying equipment ashore, including the use of GPS, the collection of geophysical readings and the
installation of tidepole and tidegauge.
• Use of towed sensors.
• Collect oceanographic data i.e. performing surveying tasks in deep water and the collection of seabed samples.
• Operate automated survey systems, including file management, database creation, preparing and the rendering of data.
• Perform sounding operations using single beam echo sounder, watchkeeping, calibration of echo sounders and the
capability to outline the framework of a survey.
• Collecting survey data in the survey motor boat.
• Using tidal current and tidal stream measuring equipment.
• Performing REA (rapid environmental assessment) by conducting beach survey operations.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• First aid qualified (levels 1&2)
• Fire fighting
• Basic and intermediate sea survival courses, both MCA accreditation.
• Royal Navy hydrographic surveying module
• Ships protection organisation
• Sea survival & equipment maintainers course
• Foundation modern apprenticeship in engineering
• NVQ engineering operations
• RIB and Powerboat both RYA / MCA recognised qualifications.
• Full basic offshore safety induction and emergency training, OPITO and OLF approved.
• Full offshore medical certificate.
• Working at height techniques and inspection of PPE.
HMS RALEIGH 2003
• Successfully completed the Royal Navy basic training.
• Home economics
• Modern studies
• Problem solving
• Working with others
• Human biology (a-level standard)
• Modern studies (a-level standard)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Systematic approach and the ability to develop sound working relationship on all levels.
• A team player that recognises the importance of team building, and motivation to meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to portray ideas to others.