CV Operations Team Leader in the marine industry worked in GMAPS Pte Ltd Singapore Asia
Operations Team Leader in the marine industry worked in GMAPS Pte Ltd Singapore Asia
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Operations Team Leader in the marine industry worked in GMAPS Pte Ltd Singapore Asia - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Malay Malaysia, English
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Business Management Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Singapore Present Location: Singapore, Singapore Relocation: Australia, UK (in particular), Singapore
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am writing to secure a suitable position in your organization, in the fields of marine operations and logistics.
Having held the post of Operations Team Leader in the marine industry, I have close to 2 years of experience in the offshore/marine field. As an operations team leader, my job scope includes taking charge of on-site marine operations as well as ensuring optimal team performance. Working closely with the head office, my position requires me to ensure smooth project implementation and proper safety compliance. During my stints, I have gained invaluable organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills. As such, I can effectively deal and communicate with people of different levels tactfully. I have learnt the importance of being a team player and leader through various projects assigned to me. I am also able to function independently with minimum supervision. I thrive on challenges and work well under pressure. My past and present posts have given me ample exposure, not only in the fields of operations but also in project management and marine logistics.
I have completed the BCSS- Building Construction Supervisors Safety course and the Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course.
I possess a class 3 driving license, with my own vehicle and am willing to travel.
Having the right attitude & requisite skill sets, I believe I can contribute to your esteemed organization.
Enclosed is my resume for your kind consideration
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1. GMAPS Pte Ltd (Dec 2008 – July 2010)
Operations Team Leader
- Supervision of marine/reclamation works.
- Coordinating and monitoring the marine activities of contractors
- Ensure proper collection, safeguarding and maintaining of sand sample records.
- Supervision, coordination and deployment of launch at project site.
- Drafting of proposal, conducting project research and assisting in preparation of tender bids.
- Monitoring of project implementation and preparation of performance reports.
- Ensure team is in compliance with regulation and safety practices at all times.
- Working hand in hand with Safety Officer to ensure that project site is in accordance with
safety regulations at all times.
- Drafting and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conducting tool-box meetings.
- Ensure proper anchoring of vessels & barges through coordination with PSA pilots.
- Patrolling of site office to ensure zero security breaches.
- Preparation of daily Ops Log and volumetric reports.
- Coordinating with various laboratories for sample testing and dredger movements.
2. Techno Waterjet Pte Ltd (Feb 2008 – July 2008)
-Primary job scope is to oversee the marketing & logistics operations of the firm.
-Meeting up with potential clients to procure new sales.
-Follow up with new sales orders via email/phone in /fax.
-Maintain excellent relationship with existing clientele.
-Obtain feedback from existing customers & forward for follow up
-Assist operations manager to oversee ad–hoc projects.
-Arrange logistics for foreign workers.
3. Lotus Adventure (Apr 2005 – Jan 2008)
Operations Executive / Senior Instructor
- Market company’s services, outdoor survival skills camps & training.
-Preparation of quotation & training materials.
-Conduct presentation to schools, statutory bodies & community centres.
-Handle logistics & materials acquisition for the training camps.
-Sourcing for apt training grounds & submitting reports usage approval.
-Handle email & phone in enquiries.
-Participate & conduct training camps with trainers on ad-hoc basis.
4. Golden Routes Pte Ltd (June 2003 - Feb 2005)
-Main job scope is to run the day to day operations.
-Liaise with customers on delivery & quality control issues.
-Expand existing customer database.
-Monitor & perform credit collection.
-Collection of sales receipts.
-Tally monthly receipts & submit reports to manager.
-Handle daily logistics to ensure prompt collection/delivery of goods from
suppliers to customers.
-Liaise with overseas suppliers to ensure that quality & productivity targets are
-Procure new sales & expand existing customer database.
-Managing customer feedback & perform follow up actions when needed.
-Highlighting sales & productivity targets to management via monthly reports.
-Handle general administrative duties & cashbook.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
1998 - 2001
GCE ‘A’ Level Outram Institute
1994 - 1997
GCE ‘O’ Level Tampines Secondary School
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Proficient MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Certificate in Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course (2009)
Certificate in Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course (2008)
Certificate in Signal Operators Infocomms 2 (2003)
Certificate in Presentation Skills1 – The British Council (2001)
Certificate of Achievement – Western Australian Universities Foundation Program (2001)
Certificate of Participation in Information Technology Seminar – Mendaki (1996)
Certificate in Civil Defence Basic Course (1996)
Certificate of Participation in National Camp (1996)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Immaculate telephone etiquette
Good public relation skills
Class 3 driving license