CV Process Engineer experienced in operating & monitoring Oleflex Plant MTBE Malaysia Sdn Bhd Petronas
Process Engineer experienced in operating & monitoring Oleflex Plant MTBE Malaysia Sdn Bhd Petronas
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Process Engineer experienced in operating & monitoring Oleflex Plant MTBE Malaysia Sdn Bhd Petronas - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Kuantan, Malaysia Citizenship:Malaysia
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Chemical Engineering (Oil & Gas) Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Malaysia Present Location: Malaysia, Kuantan Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To secure a challenging position to effectively contribute skills as Professional Chemical Engineer.
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, majoring in Gas Engineering.
Great communication skills. Good academic record throughout. Acquired a 2nd upper grade in Bachelor Degree. Undergone industrial training in a multinational company.
Adaptable – Able to adapt to different positions / departments as proved by several position transitions.
Enthusiastic – Willingness to learn new things.
Expressive and outspoken – Express dissatisfaction / arguments on questionable decisions.
Sincere – Always sincere in dealing with both internal (superior and colleagues) as well as external (customers).
Sociable – Good communication skill and wide networking.
Open-minded – Always open in giving / receiving ideas or criticism.
Other technical skills:
Advanced computer / IT knowledge. Able to utilize wide variety of software to increase productivity of the organization. A very fast learner in this rapid-changing information age environment.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
MTBE Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Petronas Wholly-owned Sub) – April 2007 - Present
• Troubleshoot plant process-related issues and advise remedial action in case there is plant upset.
• Support Production Dept in term of daily plant operation and make sure the plant run smoothly and achieve highest Plant Capacity Utilization possible.
• Prior to become a process technologist, worked as a water technologist for plant cooling water treatment. Basic knowledge in cooling water treatment.
• Carry out process study requests raised by either Maintenance, Project, or Production and perform conceptual study on certain new projects, as well as Hydraulic Calculation on Pipeline pressure.
• Maximize margins of plant through:
• Enhance plant reliability and availability
• Enhance plant utilisation by plant process monitoring and troubleshooting
• Cost Reduction through new projects
• Ensure all ISO 9001 & 14001 documents are ready to be audited and fully updated & accessible.
• Focal person in plant's Alarm Management System. Conduct bad actor review, alarm rationalization and suppressed alarm review.
• As focal person for all Air Fin Cooler during plant Turnaround. Main task is to ensure cleanliness of the air fin coolers after cleaning is up to standard.
• HSE MS member for Element 4 - Hazard and Effect Management.
• Manage plant schedule waste and general waste by preparing facility for disposal of the waste. Arrange plant housekeeping to support 5S culture.
Ameron Malaysia Sdn Bhd – Aug 2006 - March 2007
Assistant Production Engineer
• Take the lead as production planner to plan for department delivery schedule.
• Monitor process flow and suggest way to improve it.
• Perform study on Lot Traveler and propose solution on how to debottleneck workstation.
Cray Valley Resins (M) Sdn. Bhd. - Apr 2005 - June 2005
Industrial Trainee (Safety Department)
Under supervision from the company senior Safety Engineer to:
• Perform AutoCAD drawing of company chemical plant complete Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) to allow easier monitoring of the whole processes.
• Perform calculation of total energy demand required to operate the whole chemical plant, so that energy breakdown will not occur, and energy loss to the environment due to friction can be estimated.
• Regular checkup of the plant and the surrounding to ensure healthy and safe workplace, for the health and safety of all the workers and staffs in the company.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Qualification : Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study : Engineering (Petroleum/Oil/Gas)
Major : Gas Engineering
Institute/University : University Technology Malaysia, Malaysia
Grade : Grade B/2nd Class Upper
Graduation Date : 2006
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Skill Years Proficiency
Typing >5 Advanced
MS Excel >5 Advanced
MS Office >5 Advanced
PI Process Book 3 Advanced
Computer repairing and maintenance 4 Intermediate
MiniTab 1 Intermediate
SAP 1 Intermediate
AutoCad 1 Beginner
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Computer: Computer repairing and maintenance, well knowledgeable in hardware section, know how to build a computer given separate hardware device. Able to diagnose computer problems, both in hardware and software.
Software: Familiar and well-trained in the usage of in MS Office (especially MS Word and MS Excel, Windows OS, Internet-related software, wide range of multimedia softwares)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
AWARDS AND HONORS:
Dean's List for 4 semesters at the university
ADVANCED ALARM MANAGEMENT PIONEER IN MTBE (M) SDN. BHD.
Advanced Alarm Management (AAM) is newly implemented in the plant to reduce total alarm count per day to world class level (Less than 432 alarms per day). The alarm rationalization task was being assigned to engineer to prioritize every alarm according to criticality, and a master database was generated as a result of the rationalization process. Total alarm count has been reduced from 890 alarms per day to 540 alarms per day within 6 months of project execution.
FINAL YEAR PLANT DESIGN PROJECT:
Design Title: Production of 150,000 MTA drinking water from seawater using desalination technology.
In this project, the group was assigned to produce 150,000 Metric Tonne per annum of drinking water from seawater using new technology known as desalination technology, which utilised reverse osmosis concept to our production plant. Reverse osmosis is cheap and efficient, besides environmental friendly. In the end of this project, a plant was successfully designed which meet the desired water demand and most importantly, economically feasible.
FINAL YEAR THESIS PROJECT (RESEARCH):
Thesis Title: Investigation of parameters which influence the mechanical properties of PAN fibers fabricated using solvent free coagulation process.
PAN fiber is new breed of material widely used in aerospace industry. In this research, several parameters such as coagulation temperature and polymer concentration were investigated to find out the optimal condition to yield PAN fiber which exhibits desired characteristic such as high strength and stiffness. Optimal condition were found out at the end of this research.