CV Experienced IT Support Engineer DBA Sarawak Information System Sdn. Bhd Malaysia
Experienced IT Support Engineer DBA Sarawak Information System Sdn. Bhd Malaysia
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Experienced IT Support Engineer DBA Sarawak Information System Sdn. Bhd Malaysia - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Kuching, Malaysia Citizenship:Malaysia
Malay Malaysia Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Information Technology Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular), Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia Present Location: Malaysia, Kuching Relocation: Brunei Darussalam, UK (in particular), Malaysia
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Over ten years of IT working experiences with a proven background of technical problem solving. More than seven years of Oracle database administration experiences for various kinds of applications such as GIS in UNIX and Windows environments. A
self motivated responsible and reliable team player with a set of very strong technical skill.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
2000 July 2000 : Malinet Group of Company
Position : Computer Operator
- Monitor the computer systems such as server and database to make sure the system is up and running.
- Startup and Shutdown database and server during maintenance.
- Performed a system backup and make sure the backup is successfully done daily.
- Work closely with end-user.
July 2000 May 2001 : Comserv Multech Sdn. Bhd
Position : IT Trainer/Technical Assistant
- Trained working adults from private and government agencies in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- Trained students in Basic Programming of Qbasic and Visual Basic.
- Trained students in HTML programming.
- Provide internal service of PCs maintenance.
May 2001 Present : Sarawak Information System Sdn. Bhd
Current Position : Senior IT Support (DBA)
2001 2003: Attached at Land & Survey Department,
Kapit Division as Computer Center Manager (CCM).
- First level support for the servers in Computer Center.
- First level support for the Lasis database.
- First level support for the Lasis system.
- Manage and assign the task to the computer center support staff to support the end users.
- Compile the IT budget before submit to HQ for approval.
2003 present: Transfer to SAINS office as DBA.
Install, Setup and Create database
- The development environment of database for project purposes.
- Fine tuning of development database performance.
- Database for data conversion project.
- Create live environment of database for implementation of new project.
- Fine tuning of live database for new project
Upgrade, Migration and Support database
- Upgrade production database from lower to newer version and apply new patches at production database.
- Migrating the production database to newer version.
- Migrating database to the new OS environment and different platform.
- Support production database for customers and internal.
- Support data conversion and development database for project purposes.
Maintenance for customers production database
- Provide Service Level Agreement.
- Fine tuning of production database.
Backup and Recovery
- Implement the database backup policy.
- Write backup script to backup the database.
- Provide database recovery if any of the production, data conversion and development of database corrupted or need to be recover.
- Support the internal, data conversion and development databases.
- Support Oracle database for e-Syariah project.
- Attached at Jabatan Telekom Brunei for 6 month to performed DBA task.
- Involve in evaluation of Open Source database technologies.
- Support MySQL database such as Court System.
- Support Lasis database and performed SLA maintenance.
- Migrate and support Lasis database.
- Implement and support Lasis Phase 2 database.
- Migrate and support CMS database.
Oracle Database :
- Experience in supporting and maintaining of oracle version 8, 8i, 9i and 10g.
- Experience in implementing, support and maintain database replication.
- Experience in implementing, support and maintain Dataguard.
RMAN (Recovery Manager)
- Experience in support and maintain RMAN.
Oracle Application Server:
- Install and Setup application server and support.
- Knowledge in MySQL replication.
- Experience in InnoDB engine.
- Experience in install, setup and implementing of
- Support and Maintain geodatabase.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
2003 2008 : Open University Malaysia
(Bsc.(Hons) (Information Technology)
1997 1998 : Informatics Institute
Diploma in Computer Studies
29th 30th April 2004: Seminar Pegawai Keselamatan ICT Angesi Kerajaan
Negeri Kerajaan Negeri Sarawak.
14th 15th August 2002: Revenue Course 2002
11th 15th Dec 2006 : Oracle Database Administrator 10g.
21st - 25th April 2008 : MySQL Database Administrator.