CV Naval Architect Canada & Turkey Microsoft Office Suite AutoCAD GHS Rhino ANSYS SolidWorks
Naval Architect Canada & Turkey Microsoft Office Suite AutoCAD GHS Rhino ANSYS SolidWorks
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Naval Architect Canada & Turkey Microsoft Office Suite AutoCAD GHS Rhino ANSYS SolidWorks - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): St. John's, Canada Citizenship:Canada
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Naval architect Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Canada Present Location: Canada, St. John's Relocation: United States, UK (in particular), European Union, Canada, United States
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Dear Sir/Dear Madam:
A strong educational preparation from one of the top universities in Canada, plus multiple internships with leading international naval architectural firms, establishes me as a strong candidate for Naval Architect Engineer at your company. I have been fortunate to work alongside premiere industry professionals while contributing to various firms' projects and clients.
As a recent graduate I offer my strong work ethic, my commitment to life-long learning and my desire to participate with a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues. I have as much to offer as I have to learn. Below is a short list of skills and talents:
• Perform detailed design/drafting of ship structure and outfitting for new ship building and repairs or conversions.
• Perform naval architecture calculations, e.g., stability/hydrostatic, weight distribution.
• Use CAD system as a design tool.
• Analyze design issues and provide most effective solution.
Thank you for taking the time to peruse my resume. I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience and to bringing my experience and talents to your company.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
ROBERT ALLEN, Vancouver, Canada • 2008-2008
Canada's senior consulting naval architectural firm designing many types of vessels from small fishing boats to ocean-going ferries.
Naval Architect Intern, Work Term VI:
Recruited to return for a second term as naval architectural intern. Worked on the following projects:
• Tug boat design, specifically midship section.
• Pillar buckling modeling.
• Barge modeling using Rhino software.
TURKTER SHIP YARD, Istanbul, Turkey • 2008-2008
Large, fully equipped ship yard with the latest standards of technology, productivity and safety levels. International reputation for ship building with orders booked through 2012.
Naval Architect Intern, Work Term V:
Worked to complete projects while improving modeling skills using Rhino:
• Container modeling.
• Developed workshop drawings.
• Modeled mechanical aspects of a ship.
ULSTEIN GROUPS, Ulsteinvik, Norway • 2007-2007
Builder of vessels, such as offshore support, offshore construction, seismic and research vessels, with a strong focus on innovative technological solutions and methods.
Naval Architect Intern, Work Term IV:
Continued to hone skills in AutoCAD while producing the following results:
• Completed container vessel design.
• Designed joiner bulkheads and doors key plan.
• Created drawings of insulation panel arrangements for fire protection.
ROBERT ALLEN, Vancouver, Canada • 2006-2006
Canada's most senior consulting naval architectural firm designing many types of vessels from small fishing boats to ocean-going ferries.
Naval Architect Intern, Work Term III:
Initial internship at world renowned firm.
• Developed general drawing work in AutoCAD.
• Performed flood-able length calculations unassisted by computer programming.
• Calculated tank capacity.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
NAVAL ARCHITECT / MARINE STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Recent graduate with 10 years of naval architectural engineering education and extensive hands-on experience and a proven ability to make key contributions to organizations. Hard working, quick study, able to create mechanical designs using the latest industry technology. Familiar with classification, marine regulatory codes and international standards applicable to shipbuilding and repairs/conversions. Adept at using CAD system as a design tool. Works well within a team and is excited to learn and grow with a firm dedicated to excellence in ship building.
Engineering • Mathematical Aptitude • Design • Modeling • Computer Technology
Adaptable • Communication • Creative • Applied Research Development
Design Evaluation and Calculations • Disciplined • Team Player • Strong Academics
Organized • Results Oriented • Avid Learner
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Bachelor of Engineering in Ocean & Naval Architectural Engineering
Memorial University • Saint John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Naval Architecture Technology Program
Marine Institute of Memorial University • Saint John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Bachelor of Science in Ship Construction & Machinery Engineering
Yildiz Technical University • Istanbul, Turkey
English • Turkish • Basic German
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE TOOLS
Microsoft Office Suite • AutoCAD • GHS • Rhino • ANSYS • SolidWorks
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]