CV Electrical Instrumentation Technician, Boyne Smelters Limited Rio Tinto Alcan, Woodside Energy
Electrical Instrumentation Technician, Boyne Smelters Limited Rio Tinto Alcan, Woodside Energy
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Electrical Instrumentation Technician, Boyne Smelters Limited Rio Tinto Alcan, Woodside Energy - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Gladstone, Australia Citizenship:Australia
English Australian Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Instrumentation, Elctrical Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Australia Present Location: Australia, Gladstone Relocation: United Arab Emirates
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To Whom It May Concern,
I am a trade qualified electrical and instrumentation technician. I completed my apprenticeship at Boyne Smelters Limited owned by Rio Tinto Alcan, have two years trade experience at Rio Tinto Alcan Yarwun alumina refinery and most recently have been working in a commissioning role at Pluto Liquefied Natural Gas processing plant owned by Woodside Petroleum.
Throughout the last six years I have gained a vast amount of experience in electrical and instrumentation control systems and equipment including equipment located in explosive environments. Through working in these high risk environments I have always had the highest regard for both safety and quality of my work to reduce risks in the workplace. I have been trained as a hazardous area detailed inspector which deals with explosive environments so I am aware of the importance of safety and quality of work.
Throughout my apprenticeship and time as a tradesman I have always strived to achieve the highest level possible and learn as much as I can. This can been seen through my competing in apprenticeship competitions which I won for my region twice. I also got placed into a breakdown role early in my career which gave me sole responsibility of an entire Alumina Refinery's electrical and instrumentation maintenance. This role required expert technical experience specifically in fault analysis and repair as well as great skills in task prioritisation and communication skills. After performing at a high level in this role I was able to get a job in instrumentation commissioning in a Liquefied Natural Gas processing plant construction. This role requires excellent technical skills and I am proud of getting to such a high level early in my career.
I believe that I will be a valuable asset to your company and believe that I will also have much to learn and look forward to progressing my career with your company.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Sept 2010 - Present
Position: Electrical & Instrumentation technician
Employer: Kentz Engineers and constructors
Description: Currently working on the Pluto LNG plant in Karratha WA.
• Responsible for the testing, commissioning, fault finding and repair of a wide variety of instrumentation and controls in an explosive environment including Honeywell DCS and Triconex Programming.
• Responsible for the recording of test results and data critical to plant function
• Excellent communication with other team members, leaders and construction vendor
Experience with WIN PCS (project completion software)
Always keeping a high level of safety of myself and other team mates. Developing safety improvements to the way we work. Helping develop and train new E&I technicians to site.
Dec 2008 – Sept 2010
Position: Electrical & Instrumentation technician
Employer: Rio Tinto Alcan Yarwun Alumina Refinery
Description: Worked as breakdown technician responsible for fault finding and repair of plant equipment.
• Was only E&I technician on nights and weekends for breakdowns which requires excellent task prioritisation and problem solving skills
• High level of fault finding skills on PLC, DCS instrumentation and electrical
• Communication with production and other shift crews
• High Voltage worker and switcher
• Installed, commissioned, calibrated, maintained and fault found specific process control instrumentation including PLC and DCS
• Experience in Gas Turbine power generation and associated Electrical and Instrumentation Systems.
Maintained a high level of Safety in all work carried out. Developed Job Hazard Analysis, and job work procedures. Developed safety improvements in all possible areas of work and ensured the safety of all colleagues. Always a part of developing new team members and helping improve their skills and job awareness.
Jan 2005 – Dec 2008
Position: Electrical & Instrumentation Apprentice
Employer: Boyne Smelters Limited
Maintain, repair and install Electrical and Instrumentation equipment including:
• PLC systems
• Gas systems
• Industrial control circuitry
• Industrial motors and variable speed drives
Completed Rockwell automation performance training
Following safety, work, isolation, confined space and hot work procedures.
Planning, ordering parts and completing assigned activities with the use of SAP.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Certificate III in Electro Technology Systems Electrical
Certificate III in Electro Technology Instrumentation
Senior Certificate Tannum Sands State High School 2004
Overall Position (OP): 8
A Grade electrical licence
Construction Induction (White Card)
LF Fork Lift Truck
WP Elevated Work Platform
High Voltage switching ticket
Detailed Hazardous area inspector qualifications
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Excellent Skills in both microsoft and apple operating systems
Excellent skills in microsoft office software
intermediate skills in SAP software
intermediate skills in Win PCS project completion software
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the english language
Leadership skills in planning tasks for a group and delegation of tasks, completing records of task completion
Experience in hazard analysis and implementing controls to reduce hazards within the workplace
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Currently living in Australia but will be relocating to the UAE on the 9th of February 2011 and will be available for work any date after that.