Location (Residence): cambusbarron, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular) Present Location: Scotland, Stirling Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Energetic, experienced and qualified Mechanical Engineer with 7 years experience mostly in the Royal Navy, working on a variety of operational vessels in the UK and overseas. Motivated and resourceful, accustomed to leading operational teams in combat operations and ships trials. Experienced in operating and maintaining ships diesel generators and engine room ancillary plant and equipment, showing attention to detail, accuracy and Health and Safety awareness. Now seeking to employ these skills in a challenging offshore role.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Junior Engineer Manager HMS ARK ROYAL 2005 – Present
• Working 12 hour shift rotations and on continuous combat standby, demonstrating high standards and flexibility in often fast moving and testing conditions.
Led an Engineering workshop investigating, evaluating and rectifying problems with the ship’s internal and external hull and superstructure, producing high standards of workmanship.
• Achieved Junior Management level after a succession of excellent reports, completing intense engineering, leadership and command course with distinction. Proved ability to work under pressure during training exercises, gaining excellent results from external inspectors.
• Supervised the operation and maintaining of Diesel and Aviation category fuel ensuring embarkation, distribution and filtration were kept to a high standard.
Supervised the control and ballasting movement of liquids to maintain ship trim during operational exercises and ships trials.
• Led training and implementation of MARPOL regulations and Health and Safety procedures. This included presentations to and questions from a large audience.
Supervised junior engineers operating and maintaining Diesel Generators, Air Conditioning Plants, Air Compressors, Sewage Treatment Plants, Hydraulics and many other essential equipment and systems.
• Fire Team Leader, leading a highly trained and motivated Fire Fighting and damage control team safeguarding the Royal Navy’s Fleet Flag Ship, dealing promptly and efficiently with any incidents.
Junior Engineer Manager HMS INVINCIBLE 2002 - 2005
• As a supervisor of accommodation facilities was responsible for the general welfare of junior personnel ensuring they coped with a demanding environment through good people management skills and discussing problems.
• Delivered effective on-job training in a number of engineering disciplines to junior team members, helping them increase their professional skills and advance their careers. Monitored progress writing detailed reports on junior personnel’s development used by managers for advancement.
Maintained detailed up to date equipment logs which were regularly audited and inspected, gaining excellent results.
• Fire Team Member – passed demanding training and coordinated training for Army personnel in fire fighting procedures whilst providing cover for the Fire Fighters Strike. Controlled Breathing Apparatus reservoir for Central Scotland.
Captained the ships Rugby FC to a high level of success leading and representing the Navy in foreign countries.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
8 Standard Grades, 2 Highers
NVQ level 3 Engineering, level 2 First Aid. Epilepsy management trained.
Institute of Leadership and Management level 2, ships crane driver, Boats Maintainer
Instructor at Royal Navy Sea Survival School, Portsmouth.
Pan European Basic Offshore Sea survival course
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Playing Rugby for a local team
Advanced Scuba Diver
Voluntary work with disadvantaged children
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]