CV/Resume ID no.:
75427 Last Updated:
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Location (Residence): Kriel, South Africa Citizenship:South Africa
English United Kingdom
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Afrikaans English Hospitality Metal work Maths Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: South Africa Present Location: South Africa, Cape Town Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Dear Sir / Ma’am,
I am a 24 year old, single, male South African, formally qualified as a Chef with 4 years practical experience which includes 1 year international experience in Pitlochry, Scotland.
I am seeking offshore employment in my field of training and experience. I am willing to start at the bottom of the employment ladder (Dish washer, Brush hand) and will go the extra mile/s for my future employer.
I am a serious, hard working, punctual, no-nonsense person who knows and enjoys his job. I have a good sense of humour and a sound ability to deal with people.
My long term goal in life is to operate my own guest farm in future. To achieve this I need to find myself medium term employment where the reward is above normal in exchange for sacrificing ‘normal’ comforts and functioning in a more demanding environment.
I believe that once my future employer has experienced my abilities and personality, he / she will want to retain my services indefinitely.
Please refer to my detailed CV and supporting documents as attached hereto.
I sincerely thank you for your time and interest.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
WORK EXPERIENCE & TRAINING AS CHEF
July 2006 – January 2007
The Nauticus A la Carte Restaurant – Brenton-on-Sea, South Africa
• Assisted with planning and preparation of a new restaurant for opening during September 2006 holiday season in a popular Southern Cape coastal town
• Was responsible for the ordering equipment as required, planning of the kitchen, and stock planning.
• Planned the menu for the restaurant in line with management’s vision.
• Was responsible for supervision of all kitchen functions and duties including duties such as a weekly stock take and stock control, hygiene management and shift planning.
• Managed a staff of nine by delegating tasks and responsibilities as I deemed appropriate.
• Catering a la carte and special occasions e.g. birthdays, social gatherings and events in busy Christmas and summer holiday season.
Reason for leaving: Contracted on special request with the set up, opening and running of the restaurant for initial 6 months planning and setting up stage.
January 2006 – June 2006 Warwick Chef School Full Time Professional Chef’s course
• Qualified as professional Chef (Diploma).
• Obtained City & Guilds International Certificate in Food Preparation and cooking with credit
• Trained and worked in all basic areas of kitchen activities & food preparation
January 2005 – December 2005
Rondefontein Guestfarm – Springfontein, Colesberg area, South Africa
• Managed the menu offered to guests for breakfast, lunch and evening meals, specializing in South African Karoo cuisine;
• Supervised the members of staff in the roles of Chef de Partie and Commis Chefs;
• Provided supervisory training to the members of staff ;
• Ensured the cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen facilities to adhere to standards set by management and legislation;
• Managed the stock levels of the kitchen;
• Managed the guest house and farm activities.
Reason for leaving: To attend formal Chef training course.
StrathGarry Restaurant – Pitlochry, Scotland
Chef de Partie
• Assigned responsibility for Grill section;
• Assisted the Head Chef in maintaining kitchen hygiene;
• Assigned supervisory responsibility for vegetables and salad sections;
• Assigned responsibility for the larder section;
• Organize and supervise two Commis Chefs.
Reason for leaving: Two year UK working holiday expired.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Chef's diploma; City & Cuilds certificate: food preparation; Maritime survival training; Offshore medical certificate
TRAINING & EDUCATION
• Professional Chef Training – Warwick Chef School, Onrus/Hermanus, South Africa
• Matric, Grade 12 Schooling (completed the standard 12 years of schooling) – Hoogenhout Secondary School, Bethal, Mpumalanga, RSA.
• 5 day Maritime Survival Training Certificate
• Offshore Medical examination certificate.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
MS Word; MS Exel
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Heavy duty driver's license
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Second to Head Boy (Liebenhof Boys’ Residence) & School Prefect