CV/Resume ID no.:
75563 Last Updated:
Monday, September 3, 2007
Location (Residence): Yates Center, United States Citizenship:United States
English United States Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in general education Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States Present Location: Iraq, Baghdad Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Are you seeking a quality-focused HSE Specialist to support your operations in a supervisory/managerial capacity? I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in the HSE field, and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, I am currently an HSE Coordinator with KBR, working in Iraq. I offer extensive experience in all facets of health, safety and environmental risk management and program implementation, and am well-versed in regulatory compliance issues. I also offer 14 years’ of experience with the United States Marine Corps, and have developed advanced leadership skills as well as an impeccable work ethic. To complement my experience, I am in the process of earning a degree in Business Administration as well as Safety Auditor Certification and am a credentialed National Association of Safety Professionals Accident Investigation Technician. I continually develop my skills and maintain current knowledge through ongoing OSHA, employer-sponsored and related training.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your firm, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
• KBR HSE Coordinator,3 Years
Responsible for insuring compliance of all Health, Safety, and Environmental policies set forth by the Federal government, US Military, and KBR Inc.
Interacts with all officials (Government, military, KBR, and sub-contractors) concerning HSE issues.
Responds to all emergency calls
Incident Investigation and Reporting
Documentation and recordkeeping
Risk assessment and management
New Hire orientation and safety training
Providing technical assistance to departmental and site management encompassing all health, safety, and environmental issues.
Conduct safety inspections and audits
Conduct health and Welfare inspections
Conduct AIR boards
Mentor and serve as a safety resource to all departments
Team member of a camp that achieved the Project Manager’s Safety Cup for the first Quarter of 2007
• KBR Heavy Vehicle Operator, 1 year
No accidents through my driving career
Conducted Safety meetings and stand downs
Promoted and followed all KBR safety policies
• Heavy Truck driver, 14 years
No accidents through my driving career.
Complied with all safety regulations transporting hazmat loads
• United States Marine Corps, 14 years
While in the USMC I attained the rank of E-6 / Staff Sergeant
Completed NCO Academe
Completed Staff NCO Academe
Held several different leadership positions to include Platoon sergeant
Communications VHF section chief
Communications SHF section chief
14 years of on hand experience in leadership and management skills with Safety First
Technical / Specialized Courses completed:
• OSHA 30 hour General Industry Course.
• OSHA 30 hour Construction Course.
• KBR HSE Coordinators Course.
• KBR Front Line Supervisors Course.
• KBR S.A.F.E. Training.
• M.A.P confrontation de-escalation training.
• KBR Trainer
National Association of Safety Professionals Accident Investigation Technician
• Currently I am taking a course thru the National Association of Safety Professionals to become certified as a Master Safety Administrator
• Currently enrolled at South University in the Business Administration Program, working toward a degree.
• While in the USMC I attained the rank of E-6 / Staff Sergeant, I completed both the NCO academe and Staff NCO academe. I Have 14 years of on hand experience in leadership, and management skills.
• Held several different leadership positions to include Platoon sergeant, VHF section chief, and SHF section chief.
• Member in good standing with the National Association of Safety Professionals
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Safety Auditor Certification; National Association of Safety Professionals - in progress
Associate Degree, Business Administration; South University - in progress
OSHA 30 hour General Industry Course
OSHA 30 hour Construction Course
KBR HSE Coordinators Course
KBR Front Line Supervisors Course
KBR S.A.F.E. Training
M.A.P Confrontation De-escalation Training
Staff NCO and NCO Training, United States Marine Corps
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Above average familiar with MS Word, MS power Point, Excell
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Heavy Vehicle Operator
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Am currently working for KBR as an HSE Coordinator in Iraq, Interested in HSE Positions overseas.