Location (Residence): Crays Hill, Billericay, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Electronics/Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: IK, Essex Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Plant (Refinery, Gas...)
Plant (Refinery, Gas...)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am interested in applying for the above position and attach my details for your perusal. I am currently working in Aberdeen, Scotland and travel home for weekends. I am happy to continue this and am looking for a new and challenging position.
PROFILE: An impressive Head of Procurement- level track record in transforming procurement delivering radical change and significant cost reductions by challenging the “status quo” Having exceptional skills in identifying the potential within business and working with the board to deliver changes they need in tight time scales. A recognised key strength is the ability to influence successfully the most senior directors in businesses and ensure that not only do they commit to new commercial approaches but they change their own behaviours necessary to support the cultural change in others working for them.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
I am a very experienced Procurement Consultant who has been working within the Oil and Gas Industry since 2002. I deal with the higher end negotiation of contracts and am proficient in everything to do with Procurement.
Principal Procurement Consultant – BP Exploration Company Ltd - Current Position
The role based in Scotland and part of a Global Procurement Team within IP Six Sigma having direct responsibility for Professional Services, Software Procurement and contract negotiation for Intellectual Property Rights in favour of BP, Software Licence negotiation, Escrow and the right to produce derivative works together with Training, Maintenance, Telecommunications including Satellite Communications and Fibre optic connectivity.
• Successfully negotiated out a 45% surcharge against Maintenance and Support for a Global Master Software Licence Agreement delivering savings in excess of $500k to the organisation.
• Negotiated and successfully implemented the roll out of a new Global Intranet Services and Data Management contract delivering significant savings to BP.
• Exceeded company expectations in delivering breakthrough cost reductions in Global Professional Services contract consolidating requirements and optimising service performance levels.
• Identified and delivered 10% cost reduction against existing Cartography Service contract.
• Directed Global RFP for Server Management and Monitoring Tool.
Group Procurement Manager – First Data International 2004 -2005
Led the implementation of an ambitious commercial transformation programme to deliver radical change and significant reduction in spend.
• The role encompasses strategic procurement, cost efficiency initiatives supporting strategic operational reviews whilst influencing key, very senior stakeholders delivering more than $5.0M in cost improvements
• Directed strategic cost reviews of IT Hardware, Software and Telecoms and implemented “cost out” initiatives across all spend categories delivering an annual saving of $2.2M to the business bottom line.
• Achieved recognition for having implemented change and transformation programmes focused upon innovation, radical performance change, galvanising people and significant service improvement.
• Managed a series of “break-through” procurement reviews to deliver major cost benefit in IT storage technology and secured cost reductions of over $1.5M after intercepting/renegotiating an active tender within first month of employment.
Principal Procurement Consultant – BP Oil UK Ltd 2002-2004
Head of a dedicated team of procurement specialist’s within a refining environment, managing and developing a multitude of vendors, commodities and services to maximise value and drive down cost.
• Delivering leading edge solutions and systems integration for a multitude of product technology platforms.
• Designed and implemented de stocking program for materials inventory converting existing BP owned stock to consignment stock delivering $3.6M saving to BP.
• Implemented new group 90day fast track process for e- bidding and contract placement.
• Sole accountability for delivering cost efficient spend control against managed support services including cleaning contractor and catering services, with particular focus on choking demand and delivering increased price competitiveness.
• Incentivised supplier to deliver Catalyst Addition Unit 18 weeks ahead of scheduled date delivering a saving of $1.9M in improved production capacity to the refinery.
Head of Procurement - Globix Corporation 2000 –2002. Reporting to V.P. Facilities with influence over a Global budget of $600M and direct responsibility for a budget of $25M. Providing overall leadership of the procurement function to improve negotiation capability and commercial strength within a Global Internet company.
• Designed and developed company procurement strategy which included a review of all supplier management processes, organisation, systems and performance and implemented a change management programme with key milestones, targets and a resource plan.
• Manage and develop multiple commodity teams in the development and implementation of strategic corporate strategies specific to each commodity and technology in support of the organisations Operating Plan and Global Commodity Management delivering over $5.0M in savings.
• Implementing innovative and profitable procurement strategies, injecting commercial focus into the organisation capturing a 55% saving on office furniture.
Senior Procurement Manager – CSC Computer Science Corporation 1999 – 2000
Reporting to V.P. Finance, responsible for the management of Procurement for the UK Division of CSC whilst consolidating existing professional procurement staff with appropriate skills and experience into a newly formed European Organisation. Manage and develop function in a team environment as leader and member planning internationally to elevate Procurement as a high value added discipline, separate from the transactional purchasing activities, to deliver significant impact to CSC.
• Improved the management of corporate-wide spend, maximised leverage with supplier base.
• Rationalised and streamlined Pan European procurement processes that complement service delivery programmes and deliver profit.
• Achieved and implemented a single European maintenance contract delivering a £2.6M cost saving to CSC and its European client base.
Senior Procurement Consultant – BAA plc 1997 – 1999
• Developed Year 2000 procurement strategy with initial focus on business critical systems, strategic planning and the provision of agreements to support the business needs of the Year 2000 Programme Management Office.
• Implemented supplier programme to ensure that products, equipment and systems supplied were Year 2000 compliant.
• Identification of risk to BAA plc and Year 2000 Legal Review to minimise commercial risk.
• Sole accountability for EU legislation compliance.
Procurement Manager – Ford Motor Company - 1976 – 1997
Key Global Procurement roles for both Production and Non-Production Purchasing. Initial responsibilities included the procurement of steel and other materials for the production of automotive vehicles and the manufacture of automotive components – leading to a Non-Production role for the preparation and implementation of strategies for all IT Procurement to deliver to the business cost benefit, manpower and quality of service improvements available through investment in technology. Key activities included the implementation of strategic services for IT helpdesk facilities and the coordination of software product updates, disaster recovery, problem analysis and escalation. Global sourcing, commodity category management, vendor assessment, competitive bidding, adjudication, customer reference site visits and supplier selection. Responsible for facilitating and managing Ford Motor Company Ltd relationships with strategic suppliers, gathering, evaluating and disseminating supplier intelligence.
• Implemented a single Global Maintenance contract in conjunction with Ford US, Ford of France and Ford of Germany.
• Maintained Ford production for the manufacture of motor vehicles during National Steel Strike.
• Additional responsibilities were to assist Jaguar in developing effective sourcing strategies. Implementation and support of supply chain initiatives derived from business process re-engineering principles.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
I am educated to HND level in Electrical/Engineering. From school I attained both GCE's and 'A' Levels. I have attended many courses over the years, particularly whilst working at Ford Motor Co where their inhouse training facilities match CIPS.
EDUCATION: Fryerns Comprehensive School 1968-1973
Basildon College of FE 1973-1976