CV Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician with twenty six years experience and strong organiz
Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician with twenty six years experience and strong organiz
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician with twenty six years experience and strong organiz - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Vocational in Electrical/Electronics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States, Canada Present Location: Canada, Brooklyn Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I believe my skills as an Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician with twenty plus years experience and strong organizational and supervisory skills. Responsible for planning, coordinating and organizing engineering projects; including a wellhead installation and electrical distribution switch gear upgrades.
Developed an extensive knowledge in design, installation, and maintenance of control systems/PLC’s related to process control, propulsion, power generation, hydraulic, HVAC and pneumatic systems with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
I look forward to further discussing my skills and abilities.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
BOWATER MERSEY NEWSPRINT (Liverpool NS) 2002 to Present
Responsible for directing and coordinating a workforce of 26 maintenance personnel in the Newsprint and Finishing Sections of a Paper Mill; as well as implementing electrical and Instrumentation improvement programs.
• Developed a Preventive Maintenance Program that reduced EEI downtime by 20%
• Developed a DC Motor strategy for brush and brush holder change out that increased brush and commutator live by 40%
Responsible for the crew of Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians in the installation of the instrumentation and control of the new V6 Wellhead project on Venture Platform off the Coast of Sable Island, NS.
Worked closely with contractors and suppliers to ensure project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
Overhauled and rebuilt hydraulic Wellhead Control Panels.
IRON ORE COMPANY OF CANADA (Labrador City NF) 1996 to 2001
Maintenance Team Leader, Mobile Assets 2000-2001
Responsible for directing and coordinating a workforce of 56 maintenance personnel, as well as initiating and implementing electrical and mechanical improvement programs.
• Accelerated by 15% the maintenance completion time on scheduled work, through good communication with the workforce.
• Through the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM II) system, facilitated a group (consisting of operational, purchasing and maintenance personnel) through the functional specifications for a new electric rope shovel and a blasthole drill.
Electrical Technical Support Specialist, Mine Maintenance 1997-2000
Responsible for developing and implementing electrical improvement programs, as well as supporting the day to day operation of the electrical maintenance department.
• Composed new technical specifications for trailing cable (3-phase 4/0 and #2 power cable, 5 & 8 kV) for use in northern climates.
• Managed projects that required working with engineers from shovel manufacturers and drive manufacturers to improve reliability of the AC drive system on 5 electric rope shovels - decreased maintenance costs by over $500,000 per year and decreased unscheduled downtime by 30%.
Electrical Coordinator, Field Maintenance 1996-1997
Responsible for managing and coordinating the electrical maintenance team of 4 staff and 27 electricians, as well as implementing electrical safety initiatives that ensured a safe working environment.
• Researched electrical safety standards, developed and delivered presentations that enabled management to cite shortcomings and reduce the risk of injuries.
• Identified the need for a non-destructive testing program in mine maintenance, and initiated the set-up of an IR scan program.
ELCO LTD. (Dartmouth NS) 1995 to 1996
Automation/PLC Sales Specialist
Responsible for the development and start-up of the company's PLC and drive products.
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENSE (Halifax NS/Esquimalt BC) 1981 to 1995
Integrated Machinery Control Systems Technician 1993-1995
Engineering Department Section Head responsible for the operation and maintenance of the control systems for 2 gas turbine engines and 1 diesel engine used for propulsion.
• Developed maintenance and troubleshooting guide for the gas turbine control system.
• Designed and set up electrical courses for the gas turbine control systems on the new Canadian Patrol Frigates.
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor 1992-1993
Responsible for the direction and coordination of a workforce of 13 electricians within the fleet maintenance group.
• Managed and coordinated the electrical overhaul and refit of the West Coast Navy's harbour patrol boats.
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor 1988-1991
Responsible for the supervision and maintenance on steam turbine and diesel power generation and distribution systems.
• Achieved top rating in leadership courses.
Electrical Maintainer 1981-1987
• Maintained shipboard electrical systems including power generation and distribution systems.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Marine Engineering Technician Program
St-Lawrence College – Cornwall ON (1983)
Science & Technology Diploma Program
Caribou College – Kamloops BC (1981)