CV Experienced International Project Logistics Manager (Oil and Gas, EPC)
Experienced International Project Logistics Manager (Oil and Gas, EPC)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Experienced International Project Logistics Manager (Oil and Gas, EPC) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Applied Science Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
An experienced logistics project manager, innovative problem solver and leader of change, with extensive management experience across a broad range of disciplines in multi-national environments. Extensive knowledge of bid processes and bid management, as well as successful project implementation through to completion, both within the military and commercial sectors
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
International Technical Support (ITS) Nov 03-Present
ITS provide Saudi Arabian in-country and worldwide manufacture of component parts to General Dynamics, a major military materials provider. ITS’ role also encompasses the design and establishing the facility and capability to assemble and part assemble armoured units for delivery to the armed services. James’ role as Project Manager of ITS have focused on:
• Implemented company start-up, set up processes, co-ordinated ISO implementation, developed budgets and obtained customer certified inspector status.
• Identified General Dynamics engineered parts and assemblies that could be produced locally and within region, negotiated rates, quoted commercially, issued purchase orders, liaised with suppliers, monitored production, arranged inspection, implemented supply chain management and logistical/warehouse procedures.
• Developed new business opportunities for part and assembly production, increased and developed supplier footprint.
• Increased sales and profitability.
Establishing Facility and Vehicle Assembly Capability
• Successful Bid/Tender manager for ITS ($2.2 bn total project value) to set up a factory to make armoured vehicles in Saudi Arabia.
• Set out deliverables schedule, master project management schedule and critical point identification.
• Defined and issued Material Re-Supply Programme and Security Plan.
• Sourced and co-ordinated agencies for design of layout and build of factory, resourcing, recruiting, training, administrating, equipping and commissioning facility to produce military vehicles from a green field site.
• Managed budgets, cash flow and purchasing programme in charge of full P&L accounts.
• Identified assets to recruit a combined workforce of 150 personnel.
• Liaison and presentation at all levels with government and commercial entities to ensure efficient project delivery.
• Identified researched and negotiated project legacy/spin-offs.
Specialist Transport Group (STG) 1994-2003
STG are a logistics provider and freight forwarder specialising in Project Logistics of difficult cargoes to hazardous locations worldwide. Key customers include MOD and US Armed Services and Oil and Gas entities.
• Managed turnkey logistics projects, providing assessment through quotation and project proposal to project delivery.
• Organised time sensitive transportation by road, rail air and sea worldwide.
• Trained and mentored staff in project management, freight forwarding and material supply.
• Developed “best practices” procedures for the group.
• Made marketing and proposal presentations up to boardroom level within both government and commercial organisations.
• Identified and developed business opportunities to increase client base.
• Designed and implemented training plans for both security and logistic requirements.
• Developed and administered budgets with full P&L responsibility.
• Recovery of crashed jet liner from eastern Turkey to UK for crash investigation.
• Co-ordination of USAF asset movement for major North Africa exercise.
• “Just in time” delivery of oil pumps to Kazakhstan.
• Part of the “London Eye” logistics team.
The British Army, Royal Logistic Corps 1990-1994
• Successful completion of Troop Commanders Transportation Course, Aldershot
• Operational Tour Northern Ireland commanding a troop of 63 personnel in re-supply and general transport duties.
• Troop commander of 16 Tank Transporter Squadron responsible for support of units within the former Yugoslavia.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
The Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst 1990
Army Officer Commissioning Course
University of Wales College, Cardiff 1986-1989
Applied Science BSC
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Summer 2006 successfully completed the Mongol Rally, a road adventure for sub 1000cc cars starting in London and driving to Ulaan Baatar in Mongolia.
Rugby: played against the All Blacks at U19 level and then, years later in 2005, toured New Zealand - following the Lions.
Also enjoy cinema, cooking and entertaining.