High School in College Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States, Canada Present Location: Canada, Canada Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Employment Objective: With my qualifications I am applying for the following positions: Able-Bodied Deckhand, Bosun, or Marine Rigger.
Summary of Certificates:
• BridgeWatch Certificate STCW 95
• Marine Emergency Duties
• Proficiency in Lifeboat and Survival Craft
• Tanker Proficiency in Oil Tanker, Chemical and Liquefied Gas
• Marine Rigging
• Marine Advanced First Aid
• Valid Passport
• Hazmat Awareness Level
• Fire Prevention and Inspection
• Fire Fighting and Electrical
• Clear Conduct RCMP
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Maersk Offshore (Contract work by Pro-Dive Oceaneering)
Duties: Working on deck with ROV Technicians, manning the cables and wiring of the ROV, also raising / lowering from the ships ROV platform.
Department Of Fisheries / Canadian Coast Guard
Duties: BridgeWatch, Maintanence to ships machinery and equipment, assisted in berthing and unberthing, maintained a good lookout while on the Bridge and assigned Deckhand duties also Marine Rigging.
Experience: Tug /Barge
Miller Shipping (Marine Tug Company)
Labrador Inuit Association
Duties: Assigned Deckhand duties
Provincial Ferry System
Duties: Included Bridgewatch lookout, Fire patrol and routine Deckhand duties.
Coastal Shipping Ltd
Corner Brook Carriers Ltd
Duties: Included Bridgewatch duties, Observation of fuel and chemical lines while pumping liquids from the tankers and regular Deckhand duties.
Marine Rigger Experience: I have a Marine Rigging Certificate and have worked offshore on three offshore oilfield projects as a marine rigger gaining much experience in heavylifting and equipment used in such projects. I have experience in using Synthetic Slings, Chains and wire ropes, and different types of chokers. Worked with Hydraulic and Air Hoisting equipment and knowing safe work load limits. Safety procedures and signalling as well as safety inspections on equipment that were being used.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Completion of Grade 12
Some college courses in Criminology.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• Volunteer Firefighter for 12 years
• Many training certificates in firefighting
• Breathing Apparatus Training
• A trained operator for operating a 500 gallon Fire Pumper Truck and Rescue Vehicle
• Trained for operating Fire Pumps, Air Compressors and all equipment in Firefighting
• Minor Hockey coach and Trainer
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]