Bachelors in Nautical Science Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Slovenia, Pobegi-Koper Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am interested in working for your company in the position of a 2nd Officer / DP Operator
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
I graduated in June 2001 from the Maritime University (nautical science) in Portoroz, Slovenia. Having had experience as an Apprentice mate and a 3rd mate on the local shipping company – Splosna Plovba Portoroz – I moved to the Transeuropa Shipping Lines, sailing as a 2nd mate on Passenger Ferries in the Dover Strait.
My duties and responsibilities was:
- fairway navigation in shallow water with restricted depth and width, crossing the intensive east-west traffic, calculating tidal stream strenght and right angle of drift, using echosounders,gps, radars,.
- assisting to master on bow thruster while entering the port, control of safety cargo operations
- overall ships operation and maintainance of life saving (fast rescue boat) and fire-fighting equipment, safety conduct of crew and passengers, implementing ISM compliance, monthly settlement of wages..
For the last 4 years I have been working in the Port of Koper on the General Cargo terminal, as a Foreman/Planner (stevedoring heavy/break bulk cargoes like a steel pipes, steel coils, pallets.. ).
I also have worked in many occasional jobs as a port/shipping agent, skipper on 12m charter motor yachts, marine surveyor, shipchandler, captain on 10m trawler vessel, in short, all jobs connected with marine industry, so I'm fully conversant with legal and safety regulations and client demands of all kinds.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Maritime University (nautical science) in Portoroz, Slovenia
I hold following certificates, all issued by the Slovenian Maritime Administration under the provision of the international convention STCW 95 ,except the Nautical Institute's DP Induction course:
1. CHIEF MATE ON SHIP OF 3000 GT OR MORE, UNLIMITED (Exp.02.02.2012), (STCW II/2)
2. GOC for the GMDSS (Exp. 01.02.2012), (STCW IV/2)
3. ARPA (STCW I/12)
4. ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING (STCW VI/3)
5. MEDICAL CARE (STCW VI/4)
6. BASIC TRAINING (STCW VI/1)
7. PROFICIENCY IN SURVIVAL CRAFT AND RESCUE BOAT (STCW VI/2)
8. PROFICIENCY IN FAST RESCUE BOAT (STCW VI/2)
9. HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES (STCW B-V/B AND V/C)
10. ALL RO/RO PAX CERTIFICATES (STCW V/2)
11. TANKER FAMILIARIZATION COURSE (STCW V/1)
12. DP INDUCTION COURSE + DPO LOGBOOK
13. SEAFARERS BOOK (Exp.02.02.2017)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]