Location (Residence): Huddersfield, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in mechanics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular) Present Location: uk, huddersfield Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am most interested in applying for the above position and believe that I have the necessary qualities to successfully fill this role.
In my most recent position as Foreman, I have proven my abilities in prioritising workloads, compiling rotas, and staff training / motivation. Most importantly, I have gained the trust and respect of colleagues for my ability to make sound decisions, while valuing the opinions of others.
In addition to supervisory, sales, and technical skills, I also offer:
• Experience in fast-paced, customer-focused environments.
• Ability to assess customers’ needs and articulate technical information to both colleagues and customers.
• Successful problem-solving combined with a positive approach to
pressure and the ability to identify and resolve difficulties.
Thank you for your consideration and I would welcome the opportunity of discussing the position in further detail. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1991 – Present Kirklees Metropolitan Council Transport Services
Foreman – HGV Technician
• Report directly to Manager
• Supervise 5 - 10 Mechanics and one Apprentice
• Responsible for repair and maintenance of 2,000-vehicle fleet, including HGV, agricultural vehicles, and cars
• Assign and prioritise workloads; compile staff rotas
• Train Mechanics on specialty equipment (such as electronics on refuse wagons); company induction training (including health and safety)
• Deal with Council and NHS representatives, and the public regarding cost evaluation and assessments for vehicle repair
• Liase with Highways Inspectors regarding vehicle downtime
• Deputised for Duty Manager in his absence
• Head Emergency Team dealing with floods, fire, and breakdowns
• Recognised as an expert mechanic; often called upon for advise and consultation in all areas of mechanics
• Initially hired as a HGV Technician, subsequently promoted to the supervisory position in 1997.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Education & Training
1995 Health & Safety Certificate
1994 Denison Hydraulics Specialist Certificate
1993 Vehicle Inspectorate Certificate
1985 – 1988 City & Guilds – Engines and Chassis
Huddersfield Technical College
Governor’s Prize – Best All-round Student (1985/86)
1980 – 1985 Leaving Certificate: Newsome High School
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
good to average
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
More than 4 years supervisory experience as Foreman; specialising in Heavy Goods Vehicle repair and maintenance. Especially capable in organising, prioritising workloads, and exceeding deadline expectations. Consistently achieve more than expected.
Excel in results-oriented roles where the emphasis is on accurate, efficient work, and customer satisfaction. At ease in work situations requiring the confidence and initiative to make and act on decisions. Self-motivated and enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and responsibilities.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Staff Management – Prioritising workloads; training and motivating.
• Customer Service – Assessing customers’ needs; developing high standards.
• Vehicle Repair Expertise – Trained and certified in HGV, LGV, electronics, tractor and plant vehicles.
• Quick Learner – able to grasp new ideas, concepts and methods.