CV Radio Operator/Telecommunication instructor with 11 years working in this area
Radio Operator/Telecommunication instructor with 11 years working in this area
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Radio Operator/Telecommunication instructor with 11 years working in this area - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Sunderland, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Telecommunication Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: UK, Sunderland Relocation: UK (in particular)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
The positions regarding Telecommunication are of particular interest to me. During a successful military career I have developed a number of skills I believe match your requirements.
In the last 8 years, I have worked in a vast array of telecommunication systems up to project management level; providing voice and date (insecure and secure) for the Infantry. This included establishing, maintaining and repair, as and when required to provide uninterrupted communication. In some of the most demanding locations with the ability to work under extreme pressure, where no communications can cost lives. Through the military promotion systems and related courses, progressing up to training instructor and management levels.
A self-motivated and flexible individual with the skills and experience of working worldwide in different environments under difficult and varied conditions. Calm under pressure, able to use own initiatives and meet rigid deadlines. Over eight years experience in the Armed Forces in Telecommunications system, management, troubleshooting and advising, at team leader and project management levels.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Technical knowledge and experience in establishing and maintaining complex telecommunication systems.
• Instructional and delegating skills, able to guide and train junior staff.
• Team leader and also project management experience in demanding situations that demand results.
• Auditing and producing reports demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
• I.T. literate with considerable experience in MS Office / Windows 97, 2000 & XL – Word / Excel / PPT. Also able to learn upgrade and systems packages quickly.
• Supervised and carried out the distribution and allocation of highly-sophisticated telecommunication equipment worth over £7 million pounds.
• Organised and led team leader courses enabling the participants to progress onto further promotional opportunities
• Administrated and audited controlled equipment including radio transmitters across the electro-magnetic spectrum.
• Implemented and supervised health and safety and COSHH issues and documentation
Junior Manager, HM Forces 2004 – 2006
• Implemented telecommunication system networks and maintained their operating capacities
• Inspecting network system, sub-systems, and reported defects. Ensuring repairs were completed by contractors to correct specifications
• Supervised teams of up to eight junior staff in sub-systems link, within a network
• Organised and instructed junior staff development in communication systems to carry out their roles in an accurate manner
• Produced network plans that were implemented and worked successfully.
Team Leader, HM Forces 2001 – 2004
• Inspected and maintained telecommunication equipment and reported and repaired accordingly through the chain of command
• Advised superiors of limits and capabilities in telecommunication equipment and network plans. Thus ensuring uninterrupted communication traffic.
• Instructed team members in telecommunication equipment and protocols, enabling them to operate systems with minimum supervision and enhance their personal performance
• Inspected and maintained equipment within the rules governing health and safety at work.
Team Member, HM Forces 1999 - 2001
• Operated VHF & HF communication equipment including serviceability and accountability.
• Well organised, disciplined and motivated, instilling confidence in senior management and team members.
• Work efficiently under pressure, reacting effectively to changing priorities and workloads
• Installation and reconfiguration of telecommunication equipment in difficult and varied conditions to rigid deadlines
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
QUALIFICATION & TRAINING
• NVQ Level III Telecommunication Management
• NVQ Level III Telecommunication Systems
• BTEC National Diploma Sport Science
• ASA Swimming Teacher
• ASA Assistant Swimming Teacher
• GCSE 8 including Maths, English and science
• Project Management Course
• Junior Management Course
• Team leader Course
• Mountain Leader (Summer) – Military Version
• Endurance Training Leader – Military Version
• Kayaking Instructor Level II – Military Version
• Method of Instruction Course
• Defence Instructional Techniques Course
• HAZMAT modules 2 – 6
• Security Vetted, level - Security Check (SC)/Joint/No
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I.T. literate with considerable experience in MS Office / Windows 97, 2000 & XL – Word / Excel / PPT. Also able to learn upgrade and systems packages quickly.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
My relevant experience encompasses:
• Day to day support to a Headquarter Staff and personnel to provide Command and Control requirements within communication systems. Ensuring sub system level teams are managed and supervised as necessary.
• Responsibility to provide advice and train personnel to operate and manage telecommunication systems up to team leader level.
• Use my own initiatives to problem solve and provide solutions and advise on capability, requirements and interact on all levels.
• Able to teach and present on telecommunication systems to audiences of all sizes, staff level and different skill and learning abilities.
Systems used within my military career are:
• HF, VHF, UHF, and Microwave (NATO G Band)
• CCTV operator, trainer and maintainer (Northern Ireland SF Systems and Iraq)
• Sat communication Iridium and Inmarsat, (inc: secure sat phones)
• Telephone installation (unsecured and secured Telemetry systems)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and participating in a full range of family activities
• I like to conduct water sports including kayaking disciplines
• I enjoy improving skills and education to enhance my personal development