Location (Residence): Cape Town, South Africa Citizenship:South Africa
English South Africa Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in English , Afrikaans , Maths , Science , Geography , Woodwork Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular), Angola, Equatorial Guinea Present Location: South Africa, Cape Town Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To whom it may concern.
I am currently working offshore on an F.P.S.O for Bluewater energy services onboard the Glas Dowr as a CRO. I have been employed by Bluewater for the past six years, and have gained experience in three phase separation, oil, gas, produced water, gas compression, gas lift and water injection. My duties include carrying out our own sampling on the crude and gas we produce.
I have a British Passport , and I currently reside in South Africa.
I hereby wish to make application for the position as a CRO/Supervisor . Should you have any vacancies , I am available on a two week notice period.
Please find an attached copy of my C.V for your approval.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1992 – 2002 : South African National Defence Force
Naval Base Simon’s Town
October 2002 – Present : Bluewater Energy Services B.V.
Glas Dowr FPSO
Marine Level 2 Fire Fighting
Marine Level 2 First Aid
Life boat Coxswain
Rigging and Slinging
Safety Leadership Training
Permit to Work
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft word, Excel
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Production Technician / CRO
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the production plant under supervision of Lead Production Technician
• Start up and operation of Separation Facilities, Water Treatment Plant, Gas Compression and Utilities
• Adjustments to Well Production / Well Streams
• Monitoring the correct function of Process Equipment and Instrumentation
• Report abnormal conditions to Control Room and / or Lead Production Technician
• Observing Plant Conditions
• Laboratory Duties –
RVP and Density testing
Base Sediment and Water samples,
H2S and CO2 Gas testing,
Analysis of Produced Water, Seawater and Fresh Water,
Operate Chemical Injection Pumps
• Detailed knowledge of Control systems, Advanced controls, Process, System monitoring, Instrumentation and Electrical systems
• Capable of troubleshooting issues in terms of root causes
• Handling and storing of chemicals
• Stock control of bulk and laboratory chemicals
• Adjusting chemical injection pumps to the optimum operational and cost effective injection rates
• Ensure Comprehensive handover log is available for oncoming shift, and crew changes
• Reports for shift handover
Safety and Environment Critical Activities
• DCS / Fire and Gas / ESD Systems
• Chemical contact handling
• Isolation of Plant and Equipment
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Problem solving and decision making: Ability to make decisions and solve problems by asking relevant questions and collating information, evaluation of pros and cons of all available options prior to making a decision and calculating associated risks
Troubleshoot by symptom identification and characteristics of the problem. Anticipation of future problems. Identifying false leads and actual solutions based on troubleshooting.
Ability to communicate effectively, mentor and lead.