English United States Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
No Degree Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Singapore Present Location: Singapore, Singapore Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am very interested in this position as “Coatings Inspector/Superintendent”. I am in this Marine Field for Eight years or more. Completed one Tanker Pacific FPSO conversion project in 2002 to 2003, for the years 2004 till Feb 2007 completed more than twelve new building, and estimated about thirty or more dry-docking for vessel and barges, and two Jack-up rigs in progress till present. After scrutinizing my resume, I am confident that my expertise in various technical fields, especially the “painting” fully qualifies me to the position mentioned.
I hope we can arrange for a meet up at your convenience. Definitely, thru person interaction, you will explore more of my soft skill. Please feel free to call me at numbers above-mentioned. Thank you in advance for perusing my resume as attached.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
March 2007 to Present
Senior Coating Inspector Jindal (Discoverydrilling/Venture Pte Ltd)
• Confirmation of paint specification.
• Inspection on surface preparation according to specification before application.
• Co-ordination and consultation on painting matters.
• Checking on the standard or quality of work presented during inspection.
• Daily & weekly report, updating progress on the project.
• Approval and acceptance of job done.
• Filing of document and requisition.
• Tracking of schedule to ensure on target or in time.
• Purchasing of testing equipment required.
• Some visual inspection on structure.
2000 till Feb 2007
Field Engineer Sigma Coatings Singapore Pte Ltd
• Recommendation after in-dock survey on the surface preparation and application.
• Inspection on surface preparation before application.
• After each attendance, a comprehensive service report will be generated.
• Provide customer with technical assistance on site and provide training to customers on products’ maintenance.
• Liaising with the yard’s and contractor’s representative.
• Internal, external hull and tanks (fresh water, ballast, cargohold etc) survey.
• Conduct equipment testing on coatings. (dolly test, DFT, WFT etc)
• Checking on the equipment and items use for application and surface preparation. (Example: spray-tips, spray pump, Copper slag etc.)
• Inspection on surface preparation as per specification of Owner’s requirement and agreement.
• Humidity test before and during application. Dew point calculation.
• Calculation of vessel or barge estimation areas for internal, external and tanks etc..
1998 to 2000
Site co-ordinator Beng Kuang Marine Pte Ltd
• Co-ordinator works and equipments require for each project.
• Liaising with the yard’s and Owner’s representative for every project before commencing the surface preparation.
• Equipments maintenance.
• Quotation preparation for the yard.
• Calculation of cost and profit for every project completed.
• Preparation for billing to the yard.
• Site survey on tanks and cargo hold etc.
• Teaching worker the right way of blasting, washing & application.
• Manage workers transportation and housing.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Coating Inspectors Course April – May 2005
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE Victoria – Australia
• RPL COXSWAIN COURSE - Mar 1998
195 Squadron Tuas Naval Base – Singapore.
Basic Fire Fighting Course – June 1990.
Republic of Singapore Navy and National Maritime Board.
GCE “0” Level 1990.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
• Digital camera photographs taking.
• Digital Testing equipment.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• Gym, Swimming, Table tennis and Bowling.
• Reading for GK (general knowledge): health, nutrition and fitness; motoring.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Fluent in English, conversable in Mandarin.
• Local Chinese dialects.