Location (Residence): Lossiemouth, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Processing Hydrocarbons Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: UK, Lossiemouth Relocation: UK (in particular)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
A young and enthusiastic Operations Technician with three years experience. Entered into the industry through the Cogent/Opito Modern Apprenticeship Programme. I am a competent technician who takes pride in his work whilst taking the greatest care for safety. I work well as part of a team and also work well from my own initiative.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
• February 2005 – Present
Operations Technician aboard an FPSO in the Central North Sea. Dealing with such systems as Oil Production, Gas Compression, Utilities and Water Injection.
For all systems I monitor and record plant status and bring deviations to Control Room Operator or Production Supervisor. I prepare process systems for maintenance by applying isolations, venting, purging, etc. I also carry out daily logs on the plant including walk around visual inspections. I also carry out regular sampling on various systems such as Lubrication Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Heating and Cooling Medium, Gas Export, Tri Ethylene Glycol, BS&W, Wet Well, etc.
Oil Production Duties – BS&W Sampling, Wet Well Sampling, Chemical Injection Rates, Bunkering Chemicals, Oil In Water Overboard Analysing, Sub-Sea Systems including Hydraulic Power Unit and Oil Purification Unit.
Gas Compression Duties – Dealing with Sulzer Gas Compressors, Tri Ethylene Glycol Gas Dehydration System, Gas Export Sampling.
Utility Systems Duties – Dealing with Compressed Air System, Fresh Water System, Sea Water Cooling Systems, Marine Growth Prevention System, Refrigeration System
Water Injection Duties - Oxygen Analysing, Vacuum Pumps, Oxygen Deairator Tower, Booster Pumps, Main Water Injection Pumps.
• September 2003 - February 2005
Student at Jewel and Esk Valley College in Edinburgh as part of my apprenticeship. Learning various Process Systems including and also Instrumentation including DP Cells, Valves, Fire and Gas Detection to name a few.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Modern Apprenticeship
• NVQ Level 3 in Processing Hydrocarbons
• City & Guilds Petroleum Open Learning
• HNC in Process Operations
• NC Multi-Disciplinary Engineering
• NC in Engineering Practices
• Offshore Survival (Opito Approved)
• Offshore Medical
• Fire Team Member (Opito Approved)
• Helideck Assistant (Opito Approved)
• Authorised Gas Tester (Opito Approved)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Familiar with the Permit to Work System
Familiar with SAP
Familiar with Microsoft Office Package
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Familiar with Sub-Sea Tie back Wells
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Marital Status: Living with long-term partner, 2 Children
Driving License: Full UK