Location (Residence): Hereford, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Telecoms Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: England, Hereford Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am very keen to work in the offshore oil industry.
I am willing to start at the bottom and work my way up within your organization. I have previously served with the British army as a Royal Signals Operator. I am therefore looking for a job as a Radio Operator or something Telecom based. Having recently completed both BOSIET and CAA/HRO course’s with Petans, and soon to complete GMDSS I’m ready to start work in the near future.
Any opportunities or advice would be most welcome.
Please see my CV attached.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Ptarmigan Switch, Message Centre, Radio Relay (UHF SHF) and satellite ground station, providing a service for up to 200 clients.
• Engineering links between installations using UHF and SHF radios at a range of up to 25Km
• Installing and testing fax, telephone and data circuits capable of carrying secure traffic.
• Handling and distributing secure messages as well as handling and generating cryptographic material.
• Creating and editing subscriber profiles.
• Identified solutions and implemented successful technical plans and procedures in accordance with strict guidelines.
• Set up demonstrations and organised pre-training for new members of a specialised team ensuring that operational standards on all equipments were maintained.
• Contributed in building and installing a field headquarters, supplying telephone, fax and Email to over 100 clients.
• Provided on hand IT and administrative support to the clients in arduous and stressful conditions.
• Tested, diagnosed and reported faults on state of art communication trunk system with telecommunications manufacturer Cogent.
• Crewed a Light Weight Recognisance Node for rapid reaction using Imarsat to relay voice, Email and video from anywhere in the world.
• Completed training with Spectra/C & L International covering regulatory frame work, Health and Safety, HF/VHF and satellite communications, and covert vehicle fits for International commercial communications.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Advanced Modern Aprentership in Telecommunications
NVQ Level 3 Operating and maintaining the performance of telecommunications equipment
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
RSA computer literacy stage one.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Full driving licence including Cat C+E and Fork lift licence
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I enjoy all sports including football, cricket, rugby and windsurfing in which I hold level 2 proficiency. I keep fit by running and visiting the gym as well as playing the sports mentioned above when possible. In any spare time I like to read and socialise with friends.