CV Dynamic Positioning Operator/Master Mariner; S.D.P.O. on the Heavy Lift Vessel
Dynamic Positioning Operator/Master Mariner; S.D.P.O. on the Heavy Lift Vessel
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Dynamic Positioning Operator/Master Mariner; S.D.P.O. on the Heavy Lift Vessel - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Porto Santo Stefano, Italy Citizenship:Italy
Italian Standard Other:
English United Kingdom
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Nautical College Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Angola Present Location: Italy, Porto Santo Stefano Relocation: European Union, United States, United States
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I'm looking for a job as S.D.P.O./D.P.O. (Rotation 1:1).
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
• Since October 2005: Employed by Saipem S.p.A. as Senior D.P.O. on the Heavy Lift Vessel (fully redundant D.P. Class 3 – Kongsberg Simrad SDP 32) SAIPEM 3000, multi-purpose & field development vessel, engaged in Heavy Lifts, Pile Driving, R.o.v. & Diving support, Flexilay/Cable Laying.
• 2004 – 2005: Experienced large cruise ships (owned by Carnival Cruise Lines) covering position of 2nd Officer (Navigator & Safety Officer assistant).
• 2000 – 2003: Employed by Castalia Ecolmar S.p.A., (set up by the main Italian shipping companies involved in the environmental field, operating on behalf of the Italian Environmental Ministry for the prevention, control and curbing of the sea ecosystem pollution as a kind of first aid structure, in compliance with international Regulations) assigned at the Rome Coordination Center and in charge to manage the activities carried out by the antipollution vessels deployed along all the Italian coasts; required also proficiency in oil spill monitoring by designed programs such as Oilmap and ships localization by G.I.S.
Occasionally in charge, on location, of the antipollution operations carried out by the ships in the event of relevant accidents, such as the one occurred to the tanker Prestige off the Atlantic coast of Spain in 2003;
Periodically served as 1st Officer on board of the company Supply Vessels;
US NAVY Husbanding Agent (MLS ltd, Malta) in the port of Civitavecchia (Italy).
• 1998 – 1999: Sailed worldwide on large ocean going multipurpose cargo ships as Deck Cadet and Third Officer.
• 1994 – 1997: After attending the Nautical College, successfully gained admission at the Italian Navy Academy of Livorno for a Coast Guard Officer Course, implying a subsequent 3 years service in the Italian Coast Guard with the rank of Lieutenant;
In such period, served as:
Second-in-Command of a S.A.R. Patrol Ship involved in highly professional operations, with the aim of search and rescue of human life at sea, sometimes with aid from C.G. air-component and other military and civil rescue units, under coordination of the Italian M.R.C.C.;
Officer on Watch at the M.R.S.C. of Civitavecchia (Italy).
• 1988 – 1993: Very first experience at sea at the age of fourteen on fishing trailer boat, as first off-college job. It helped to gain confidence at sea, especially in heavy weather, giving a very good seamanship acknowledgement and boat handling skills.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Master (unlimited) C.o.C. 10/05 issued under the provisions of the IMO-STCW ’95 by the Italian Coast Guard Agency;
• Equivalent Certificates issued by the Commonwealth of the Bahamas and the Panama Maritime Authority;
• Full N.I. Dynamic Positioning Operator Certificate
• DYNAMIC POSITIONING Basic Operator Course
Issued by “Kongsberg Maritime” – kongsberg (Norway);
• DYNAMIC POSITIONING Advanced Operator Course
Issued by “Kongsberg Maritime” – kongsberg (Norway);
• G.M.D.S.S. General Operator’s Certificate;
• Fire Fighting Training Course (Basic and Advanced);
• Survival and Rescue Training Course;
• Certificate of proficiency in survival craft;
• RADAR/A.R.P.A. Operator Training Course;
• RADAR A.R.P.A. – BRIDGE TEAMWORK – Search & Rescue (Management Level);
• Certificate of competence in Medical Care onboard ships;
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibility;
• Crowd Management Course;
• Crisis Management and Human Behaviour Course;
• Bridge Team Management Courses
- n.1 Certificate issued by “STAR Centre” - Dania (Florida, USA);
- n.1 Certificate issued by “LITAV” - La Spezia (Italy);
• Fast Rescue Craft Training Course;
• IMO level 2 On Scene Commander Course
Issued by “Ceto Environmental Limited” – Aberdeen (Scotland), accredited by N.I. & M.C.A.;
• Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training included HUET & EBS;
• Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations Course;
• Banksman Slinging & Lifting Equipment Inspection Awareness – L.O.L.E.R. Awareness;
• H2S/B.A. Training Course.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Proficient in the use of PC
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• Very good acknowledge of spoken and written English Language.
• Good acknowledge of spoken Spanish language.
• I think that to be a good Officer you need to be a good deck hand first; having been a good sailor really helped me out through my career path.
• I like to work as a team which I consider an effective mean to sort situations out, either unexpected or of normal routine.
• I care about details; they can make the difference for a company which wants to stand out in today’s ever challenging market and economy.
• I always keep my personal issues out of the working environment. I consider positive attitude, understanding, and flexibility the keys for successful results.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]