CV Mechanical Technician - over 10 years offshore mechanical experience.
Mechanical Technician - over 10 years offshore mechanical experience.
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Mechanical Technician - over 10 years offshore mechanical experience. - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Edinburgh, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Mechanical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: United Kingdom, Edinburgh Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am currently employed on Marathon's East Brae installation as a Mechanical Technician carrying out both planned and corrective mechanical maintenance. Previously, having worked on Talisman's Saltire Alpha installation as the HVAC Technician, I managed all aspects (mechanical, electrical, and instrument) HVAC maintenance.
I am very enthusiastic about my work and believe that my combination of technical skills, experience, and business sensibilities would serve any company well. You'll note my mechanical background and over ten years experience in both marine and offshore industries where I've gained a flexible approach to work, along with the ability to adapt to many different ways of working.
Should you consider my application I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any aspect of my background at a meeting of your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
May 2006 – Petrofac Facilities Management Mechanical Technician
Present Ltd (Operations)
1 North Esplanade West, Aberdeen
Nov 1999 – Wormald Environmental HVAC Technician
May 2006 Engineering (Multi Disciplined Role)
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
Aug 1997 – Baker Hughes Inteq Mechanical Technician
Mar 1999 Portlethen, Aberdeen
Feb 1997 – Lewis Offshore Ltd Technical Planning Clerk
Jul 1997 Arnish Point, Stornoway
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Completed an HNC and a Merchant Navy cadetship; in Mechanical Engineering. Training sponsored by P&O Cruises (UK) and the qualification accredited by SCOTVEC.
Currently undertaking Opito open learning courses; in Production Open Learning.
Feb 2007 – Aberdeen College Production Open Learning
Sep 1992 – Lews Castle College HNC Mechanical
June 1994 Engineering
Sep 1991 – Lews Castle College ONC Mechanical
June 1992 Engineering
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Computer literate, and conversant with Word, Excell and PowerPoint. I've a good understanding of the use of both SAP and MAXIMO. Also, happy to generate reports and use computer based logs.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
My current role has the responsibilities which include maintaining and improving plant safety and efficiency by:
● Preventive maintenance of all mechanical and process equipment
● Practicing fully the requirement for a total safety attitude in all operations of maintenance
● Operation and corrective maintenance of mechanical systems
● Carry out general repairs, fault finding, servicing, installation, commissioning of:
• Gas Turbines (LM5000)
• Centrifugal and reciprocating air and gas compressors
• Positive and displacement pumps
• Lube oil systems
• Diesel engines and generators
• Boiler, heating and ventilation systems
• Winches, cranes and air hoists
• Fire fighting, lifeboat and safety systems
• Pressure Vessel and PSV recertification
● Participation and play a major role in weekly planning meetings for scheduling work
● Updating plant status using logs, toolbox talks, and handovers
● Carrying out emergency duties: coxswain and fire team member
● Leading and managing support teams, vendors, to ensure smother and efficient production operations
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Pilot Operated Pressure Safety Valves
• Spring Operated Pressure Safety Valves
• Smith Flow Control Inter Lock Valves
• Emergency Response Team Member
• Offshore First Aid
• Swageloc & Sno-Trik
• Offshore Survival
• Offshore Medical (UK)