Location (Residence): Fareham, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Mechanical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Holland, The Hague Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I have been involved in the management of document control systems for over 20years and have during this period been personally responsible for the preparation and implementation of document control procedures in accordance with existing systems. In his position with BG and Airspan I introduced new document control and order management systems. I have hosted the inspection of the document control procedures by BSI (British Standards Institute) for adherence to IS09001/2.
In the introduction of the new system I was involved with representatives from other departments in both product selection, and procurement of the new system and the transition from the Existing Oracle system. This required a great deal of planning and organisation and proactive intervention to ensure that all required features and functions for all departments were available. I acted as the conduit for all communication between the engineering department and the system developers acting as mediator ill solving contentious issues on both sides.
I have also had a diverse range of management responsibilities from being a single person solely responsible for documentation control to running and managing four separate functions within the Engineering/Development Department. These diverse management roles have meant that I have to forge strong and reliable working relationships in order to meet stated goals and objectives. I have built teams of Document Controllers and have had to deal closely with diverse geographic teams in Texas, Scandinavia and Ireland from a base in the UK. In dealing with these locations I have worked with and reported to a local CFO and board staff at corporate headquarters in Texas whilst at the same time running a team of clerical assistants within engineering and manufacturing organisations responsible for documentation control in the UK.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Agip KCO (The Hague Contract)
Jan-2007 to Date Document Controller
• Manage the daily work load of 2 staff
• Receive, check formatting, issue and accurately register in the Agip KCO EDMS database internally and externally produced corporate documents.
• Allocate document numbers as requested for Corporate and Project documents.
• Responsible for receipt, registration, distribution, filing and archiving of incoming documentation related to EWRP Project in London.
• Responsible for distribution and updating of Controlled documentation to various parties.
• Liaise with and provide assistance/training to other document controllers and technical assistants both in head office and in RoK.
• Arrange for reprographics and distribution of hard and electronic copies both internally and to Partners as appropriate.
• Maintain Library of Original Signed documents in Den Haag office.
• Give assistance to all departments and individuals with their archive requests
• Maintain database of all boxes sent to archive and track all those recalled from archive.
• Arrange for purchase of standards and other specific publications as requested.
• Give technical assistance with regard to making PDF files and copying of CD’s and DVD’s.
• Allocate User I.D.’s and Passwords for access to restricted RoK correspondence database.
EADS Astrium (Security Cleared) Permit Position
Jan 2006- Jan-2007 Configuration and Data Manager
• Manage the daily work load of 3 staff
• Provision of Configuration Management to support to the Programme team.
• Set-up and management of the Configuration Management System, including definition of procedures and tools
• Documentation of the Configuration Management System in the Configuration Management Plan
• Maintenance of the Configuration Management Plan, including Software Configuration Management Sections
• Attendance at formal decision reviews as required
• Provision of guidance to Configuration Identification
• Control of the change approval process, ensuring procedures exist to ensure all relevant personnel have evaluated proposed changes to Configuration Items.
• Control of changes to and release of baseline documentation
• Initiation of configuration verification audits
• The Configuration Management role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the product or system and controlling the baseline.
• The Configuration Management role also performs Data Management
• Data management also contains the product and process improvement proposals and metrics
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• City & Guilds - Mechanical Engineering
Motor Vechicle App
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Oracle Avante
• Documentum eROOM
• Established Documentation systems
• PVCS version Manager
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
At present I am contracting as Document Controller (Agip KCO in The Hague), I have been with them since January 2007 to date, and the department is to relocating to Kazakhstan.
I have many years off experience within the field of Documentation and Configuration management