|Senior power system protection engineer with 18 years of experiance
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Senior power system protection engineer with 18 years of experiance - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): chennai, India
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in operation management
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Singapore, United Arab Emirates
Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Singapore, United Arab Emirates
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a senior protection engineer having a vast experience in the power system protection & SCADA field and have a flair to learn new technology.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [T.N.E.B], Year: - March 2007 –Present
Ennore Thermal Power Station
* Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of Generator Relay Panel under Renovation &
* Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of Station Transformers & Generator transformers
& it’s Protection
* Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of 415V modules.
* Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of 6.6 Kv Breakers & its Protection
Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, Year: -October 2005 – March 2007 Transmission Protection Maintenance,
P.O.Box No:-564, Satwa, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates.
* Testing & Commissioning of 132 KV & 400 KV Current Transformers & Potential
* Preparation and Modification of Protection Systems.
* Maintenance of Protection Systems.
* Assisting the Manager/Protection in the finalisation of the Tenders for the various
* Training the Emirates National Engineers & Protection staffs in all the aspects of
* Maintaining the quality records as per the BVQI specifications
* Preparation of Root Cause Analysis for the Transmission Protection
ABB Make : - SPAJ Relays, REL 316, REL511, REL 556 & REF relays
ALSTOM Make : - LFCB, MBCH, MBCI, MCAG, MCGG, MCTI, METI,
MFAC, MRTP, MVAG, NOVAR300
MICOM Relays:- P141, P121, P442, P541, P642, P543
SIEMENS Make : - 7UT91, 7SA511, 7SA522, 7SD511, 7SD600, 7SD503,
7SD512, 7SD61, 7SJ600, 7SJ64, 7SJ62, 7UT512,
7RW600, 7SJ531, 7SV512
VA TECH Make : - 5B3, B3, THR Relays, DUOBIAS, ARGUS1, 2, & 3,
SOLKAR-RF, 4C21, 2DCC, TJM Relays
Apart from this above make’s Breaker Failure Relays and auxiliary Relays
Testing Kits used:-
SMC, SWERKAR 760, OMICRON-CMC 156, 256 & CPC100, FREJA 300, ISA T1000,
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [T.N.E.B], Year:- December 2001 -October 2005
Sriperumbudur 400/230-110 KV Sub Station,
Sriperumbudur, PIN Code: 602105
* Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of Electrical Equipments such as all types of relays,
Transformers up to 315 MVA, 400 K.V, Circuit Breakers and Isolators up to 400
* Maintenance of SCADA equipments for the 400 kV, 230 kV & 110 kV systems
* Design, Preparation and Modification of Protection Systems and Control Systems.
* Worked as a member in the System Protection group for the India’s southern Grid (27,000
MW) responsible for the Protection co-ordination of the entire member state utilities in the
India’s Southern Grid.
* Worked as a co-ordinator in the System Protection group in the T.N.E.B Grid (9,000 MW)
looking after the relay Setting of T.N.E.B Grid
ABB Make : - RADHA, RADSS, RADSB, RAZFE, RAZOA, RAKZB, REL
Series, RATUB, RAAAM, RAICA
ALSTOM Make : - MICOM P141, P121, P442, CDG and CDD Relays
SIEMENS Make : -7SA511 & 7SA522
Easun Reyrolle Make : - 4C21, DUOBIAS, THR 3PE18, 3PE1, MGAA, TJM Series
SEL Make : - SEL -321 & 311C
Apart from this above make’s Over Current Relays, Local Breaker Back up Relays and Auxiliary Relays.
Testing Kits used:-
ABB Make : - TURH, TURB
ALSTOM Make: - ZFB
Testing & commissioning of following Breakers
400 KV SF6 Breakers: - ALSTOM, SIEMENS, CROMPTON GREAVES & BHEL
230 KV SF6 Breakers: - ALSTOM, SIEMENS, CROMPTON GREAVES, ABB & BHEL
110 KV SF6 Breakers: - ALSTOM, SIEMENS, CROMPTON GREAVES & BHEL
Testing & commissioning of following Interconnecting & Power Transformers
(315, 200, 100 & 80 MVA Transformers)
CROMPTON GREAVES, TELK, EMCO, BHEL, HACKBRIDGE HEWITTICK
Tamilnadu Electricity Board, Year: - December1998 – December 2001.
No.802, Anna Salai,
Chennai, PIN Code: 600002,
* Detailed engineering of the SCADA system to integrate 95 Sub Stations
with a single control room.
* Preparation of wiring and Interface schedule between Remote Terminal
Unit (RTU) and Circuit Breakers for the total number of 95 Substations
with a Centralised Control room.
* Testing and Commissioning of SCADA systems (ABB’s SPIDER System)
and related Telecommunication equipments (MDS Make) at field as well
as at Centralised Control Centre
* Preparation of ORACLE Database (Offline) and AVANTHI Database
(Online) for the Operation of the SCADA software system.
* UNIX Administration
* Maintenance of SCADA Equipments.
* Testing of MW, MVAR, Current & Voltage Transducers and Digital Input & Digital
* RTU configuration in the Substations.
Tamilnadu Electricity Board, Year: - January 1995 - December1998.
North Chennai Thermal Power Station,
(3 * 210 MW), Athipattu, Chennai,
Testing and commissioning of
Generator Relay Panel : - ABB Make Relays:- UFX132, USX116, UBX117, RADHD,
UBX117, GIX103, 1WX161a, RACID, RXIG21, IBX164,
RADSB, RADHA, PPX111, RARIB, RAGUA, RAKZB,
FCX1036/15, RAICA, ZPX103
H.T Motor Protection : - ABB Make Relays :- RAMDE2
REYROLLE Make Relays :- RHO 3
ALSTOM Make Relays :- MOTPRO
L.T Motor Protection : - MM30 & CTMM
6.6 K.V & 230 K.V Breakers : - ABB, SIEMENS, CROMPTON GREAVES Make
415 V Modules : - L&T, Siemens
Generating Transformers, Unit : - BHEL Make
Auxiliary Transformers & Station
210 MW Generators :- BHEL Make
Tamilnadu Electricity Board, Year: - June 1990 – January 1995.
Meter and Relay Testing,
No. 802, Anna Salai,
* Testing and commissioning of Protection Systems, Transformers and Circuit
Breakers 11 KV, 33 KV & 110 K.V system voltages.
Relays tested:- Easun Reyrolle Make:- TJM Series, 4C21
ABB Make :- RXIG, RADSB
ALSTOM Make :- CDG Series
* Maintenance of 11, 33 & 110 KV Breakers and Power Transformers
* Testing of RMUs & Pocket Transformers.
* Testing of Trivector meters and energy meters.
* Maintenance of Protection System.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Indira Gandhi National Open M.B.A in Operation December 2000
University (IGNOU), New Delhi Management
The Institution of Engineers A.M.I.E (Bachelor's degree June 1994
(India), Kolkatta, India. in Electrical Engineering)
Murugappa Polytechnic, D.E.E.E (Diploma in May 1987
Avadi, Chennai, India. Electrical and Electronics
Asea Brown Bovary (ABB) Ltd, Network Control Systems 09-03-1999 to
Bangalore, India. 13-03-1999.
Asea Brown Bovary (ABB) Ltd, SCADA Software and 22-03-1999 to
Vast eras, Sweden. Hardware Systems (SPIDER) 16-04-1999.
Power Systems Training Institute, Power System Protection 19-11-2001 to
Bangalore, India 07-12-2001.
Dept.of Electrical & Electronics Power System Protection 12-11-2004 to
Eng. Anna University, Chennai. 14-11-2004.
System Operation Department, Permit Taking & H.V 25-03-2006
Dubai Electricity & Water Switching Operation
Authority, Dubai, U.A.E
System Operation Department, Block out restoration 11-07-2006
Dubai Electricity & Water Operation
Authority, Dubai, U.A.E
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Operating system :- WINDOWS, UNIX
Packages :- MS OFFICE
Data Base :- Oracle 7.9 & AVANTI
Language :- SQL & AQLT
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP
* Member in the Electrical Engineering branch of “The Institution of Engineers (India)”
* Member in the Power System Society of IEEE, U.S.A
* Doing Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification course
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]