Location (Residence): Navi Mumbai, India Citizenship:India
English United Kingdom, Hindi Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
PhD/MD in Biostratigraphy(Geology) Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: India Present Location: India, Mumbai Relocation: Canada
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am working in ONGC,India as Exploration Geologist with more than 16 years experience in foraminiferal biostratigraphy and integration of biostratigraphic data with sedimentology, well logs and seiemic data. I have more than 25 years experience in oil exploration and worked in almost all major Indian basins. I have applited for permanent residency visa to Canada and is interested to relocate at Calgary(Alberta)
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
As Exploration Geologist and Biostratigrapher:
A. Carried out Foraminiferal biostratigraphy of Cretaceous to Miocene sediments of the Exploratory wells of the Krishna - Godavari, Cauvery and West Bengal basins located in the East Coast of India , Bombay Offshore and Kerala - Konkan Basin located in the Western coast . The study includes;
- Age determination of sediments from the study of larger and planktonic foraminifera
-Recognition of depositional environment, Paleo bathymetry, identification of Transgrassive / Regressive cycles
-Calculation of span of hiatus, identification of condensed section and recognition of maximum flooding surface (MFS).
-Identification of anoxic events and their bearing on source rock facies
-Generation of biostratigraphic inputs, integration with well logs and seismic data using the concept of sequence stratigraphy
-Experience in leading projects for both Clastic and Carbonate depositional areas
-Experience in working with Jurassic Carbonates and clastics in Jaisalmer and Kutch area and also as clastic Sedimentologist in Tripura region.
-Integration of biostratigraphic inputs with Sedimentology, Palynological and Source rock Geochemistry data
-Final integration of Biostratigraphic inputs (Foraminiferal and Palynological), with Sedimentological, well logs to understand the depositional systems.
-Preparation of depositional model using laboratory data
-Experience in surface mapping and sampling in desert terrain, and extensive field training in major sedimentary basins of India
B. Worked as a team member with Indo - Soviet Resource Appraisal Group for Cambay Basin located in Western India
C. Established the Middle and Late Jurassic Ammonoid and foraminiferal biostratigraphy from the Jaisalmer Basin, Western India
As Well site Geologist
A. Exploratory Wells
- Carried out monitoring of geological Operations on well site for the Exploratory Wells North Cambay Basin, Western India
- As Well site Geologist responsible for discovery of gas reserves in Tichna structure, Tripura Gas field, North East India
- Selection of Sidewall core, sampling points from the study of logs at well site, Identification of Hydrocarbon bearing Zones and perforation intervals
- Planning and monitoring of well site operations for the effective Rig time management
- Coring and Core Analysis, electro log correlation, preparation of various type of oil exploration related maps.
- Preparation of well completion reports and composite logs
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
PhD (1991): Jurassic Biostratigraphy, (Applied Geology), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
MSc.Tech (1982): Applied Geology, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
BSc. Hons (Geology), (1988); University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India
Trained in almost all important deciplines of Exploration Geology
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
MS Word,Excel , MS Power point and preparation of chatrs and figures using CorelDraw programmes
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Have wide experience in imparting trainings to young Geologists .
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am interested to move to Canada. My application for permanent residency at Canada is under processing stage.