|Structural CAD Designer
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Structural CAD Designer - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): Egersund, Norway
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Diploma Civil Engineering
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am interested in applying for the post of Designer. I am confident that my skills and past working experiences are relevant to the requirements of the position and I can make significant contributions to the continued success of your organization. My resume is attached for your review and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you personally how I can best serve your organization.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
A qualified CAD Engineer with over 14 years professional experience offering specialized skill in the Detailed Drawings for Oil & Gas projects, Structural Drawings, Industrial Drawings, Architectural Drawings, having proficiency in the field of AutoCAD, Microstation V8, J & Plan software (Plan Software is Microstation Development Language (MDL) /AutoCAD Computer Aided Design in 2D. Conversant with versions of AutoCAD-12, 13, 14, 2000 and 2006. Proficient in preparation of all types of drawings in AutoCAD and Microstation.
I also possess good interpersonal skill, teamwork quality & aptitude for the team and work management. I am confident that my skills and past experience would make great contributions to your organization.
Design and AutoCAD Support for Oil & Gas, Civil / Structure for Qatar Petroleum Development (QPD), Station Building Structure Drawings for London Under Ground Metronet Project (LUL) Atkins.
Feb, 2008 – Till Date
Company Name: - Aker Kvaerner, Egersund, Norway.
Position: Sr. Structural Designer on Kashagan Process & Utilities Barges a breakthrough project in Northern Caspian
• Prefabrication and Shop drawing for construction, Design and fabrication standards Drawings, Working on structural details drawing, section, and elevation with all standards, Weld, plate with thickness, varies detail Drawings, Designing girders, keel assembly & trusses sections, pontoon bulkhead and bulkhead’s details, engine room designing, bulkhead ring stiffeners
July, 2007 – Jan, 2008
Company Name: - Aker Kvaerner, Stord, Norway.
Position: Structural Designer on AKER H601e Drilling Rig (Alpha & Beta)
• Prefabrication and Shop drawing for construction.
• Design and fabrication standards Drawings.
• Working on structural details drawing, section, and elevation with all standards.
• Weld, plate with thickness, varies detail Drawings.
• Designing girders, keel assembly & trusses sections, pontoon bulkhead and bulkhead’s details.
• engine room designing, bulkhead ring stiffeners
Software Used: - AutoCAD-2004, Microstation V8, Basic PDMS, MS office, MS Excel, MS Power Point
11th April, 2007 –July, 2007
Company Name: - AIBEL, Haugesund, Norway.
Position: Sr. Structural Designer on Hi-load DP Offshore Systems,
• Hi-load DP technology inverted by REMORA TECHNOLOGY, USA and GRENLAND FRAMNAES designed the project, AIBEL will be constructed the project and preparing offshore and shop drawings.
• Hi-load technology -: L-shaped floating docking unit, connect to vessel like a forklift using ballast, sucks onto vessel’s bottom part of the vessel, slim tower for small wave induced loads and motion. No modification needed for the vessels for feeling oil or fuel.
• Total height of system is around 60m.
• Winner of innovation awards at OTC 2004, Houston.
My contribution of this project to prepare Shop drawing for construction with used of Greenland design and fabrication standards. Working on structural details drawing, section, elevation with all standards, like weld, plate with thickness, varies details prepared by me.
Specialist in Designing girders, keel assembly & trusses section, pontoon bulkhead and bulkhead’s details, engine room designing, bulkhead ring stiffeners
Software Used: - AutoCAD-2004, Microstation V8
April, 2005 – 21st March, 2007
Company Name: - WS ATKINS & Partners Overseas, Sharjah, UAE.
Position: - CAD Team Leader/Document Controller (Civil/Structure Division)
PROJECT ACHIEVEMENT SUMMARY:-
A WORLD-CLASS PLAYER IN ENGINEERING, TECHNOLOGIES AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES FOR OIL & GAS, PETROCHEMICAL, RAIL, AND OTHER INDUSTRIES
With a workforce of 21,000 people worldwide, and annual revenues of about 5.4 billion pounds, ATKINS ranks among the 5 major players in full-service engineering and construction services in the field of Oil & Gas, Civil, Structure, and Rail Signaling.
Work as a CAD Team Leader in Civil/Structure Division on ‘London Underground Limited’ (LUL) or Metronet project for the past 2yrs. The primary aspect of job involves Project co-ordination & to complete the assignment in the given stipulated time to meet the estimated scheduled task & maintaining the quality as well.
ATKINS RAIL – STRUCTURAL DIVISION:
Working on the London Underground Limited (LUL) – Station Refurbishment & Modernisation (150 Station) project covering Structural, Premises, Communications, Railway Electrification (OLE), Fire System, Mechanical and Structural Designs.
Key responsibilities undertaken are:
• Lead the Civil / Structure, CAD Team “Atkins Station Design Team” (ASDT) providing full CAD support to “ASDT-Glasshouse UK”.
• Estimation of assigned Live Work Pack coming from through iProNet UK. Working and completed Approx 30 London Underground MetroNet Station.
• Production and Checking of CAD design, quality work as per British standards and in scheduled time
• Preparation of CAD Tracker and Daily Monitoring sheet.
• Specialised in the CAD conversion of all the Civil / Structure design sketches/ mark-ups into AutoCAD / Microstation V8 format as per the CAD standards.
• Technical decision was making for laying the Civil / Structural Detail Drawings, Block Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams, Cable Management System (CMS), Small Power Layouts & Fire Layouts to the Design and construction drawing standards.
• Leading CAD Team for generating high quality CAD Drawings for UK Work packs delivery to client full satisfactory and achieving on tight targets.
• Planning and scheduling for UK Live Work Packs coming from UK and day to day maintaining Excel data sheet.
• Specialized in the All CAD conversion of all the “Architectural, Structural design & drawings into AutoCAD & Microstation formats as per the British CAD standards.
• Responsible for preparation and manage of all Civil, Structural design drawing for Station Building for London Underground-UK, like Columns, Beams, Pile Layout, Traffic diversion plan, Pile caps, Slabs, Sheet pile, Decking, D-wall, Lift pit, Cast In-situ Walls, Escalator Pits, Pipe Trench, Cable Gallery, Firemen’s Staircase, underground oil tanks, water Tanks, and Equipment Hatch & sky Lights, Sectional R.C. details for Stations, design modifications as per site and design, OTE duct layout plan. OTE duct panel, Subways, Entrances and other architectural & Structural detailed drawings.
• Teamwork for generating high quality CAD drawings for achieving targets on specified time.
• Overall responsible for preparation of structural & Architectural Detailed design drawings.
• I specialized in the cad conversion of all the “Architectural, Structural drawings.
• I have done all Architectural, Structural drawings work like new set up of station, modification, refurbishments, and details, creation of cells, PDF converter, and clash control drawings.
• Electrical discipline deals with CMS layouts, Small Power & lighting layouts. Also detailing of Switch Room. Location & information of the devices placed in the Switch room along with the Voltage detail is prepared in this part of work.
Software Used: - AutoCAD R-14 to 2006, AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop, Microstation-J, V8, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point, PhotoShop, Corel Draw, etc.
Oct 2003 – April 2005
ATKINS RAIL, Sharjah (UAE)
CAD Designer/Doc. Controller Oil & Gas Division
Providing CAD & Design support for Oil & Gas Department using AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop and Microstation-J, Adtranz Bombardier Plan software and using Microsoft Office.
• Process:- Modification for existing P&ID drawings using AutoCAD 2000 for offshore facility. Use Attributes.
• Electrical:- Modification for existing electrical drawings using AutoCAD 2000 for offshore facility. Use Attributes. Design platform for ‘Qatar Petroleum Development’ (QPD).
CAD Support/Design Assistance (Rail Signalling Division)
• Familiar with Microstation-J and AutoCAD for preparing all types of Drawings.
• Preparation of CAD drawings and alteration of negatives for TVA-LSE Detailed Design, Signalling Plans, Circuits Diagrams and Control Tables.
• CAD Support and checklist for Signal Wiring Diagram (SWD).
• Assisted Designer in Production of Draft design including manual hand drafting or CAD colouring work.
• Modification of drawings Scheme/Signalling/Location area plans using with (ADtranz Bombardier Transportation) Plan Software.
• Assistance in Correlation/Source record update/ Mod works associated documentation as per documentation procedures.
• Scanning, conversion of Raster Images to Vector, MS-Power Point presentation with Microstation & AutoCAD Drawings.
• Adoption of Standards for the Signalling design & drawings.
• Create PDF and images files with scanner.
• CAD troubleshooting.
June-2001 to Oct-2003
Company Name: Rail India Technical & Economic Services (RITES), Government of India,
Position: CAD Operator
• Worked as CAD operator for Design Support for high-speed up-grade of (WML) West Coast Main Line, UK and Railway Electrification design project for Indian Railway.
• Preparing CAD Drawing for Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) Layout plans, CSD, SED & AED these all drawings generated in AutoCAD based “First Computer Aided Indian Railway Electrification Design” software for 25kV OHE design drawing production.
• Design Assistance to 25kV OHE Design CAD drawing Production.
July-2000 to June-2001
Company Name: RAI INDUSTRIAL POWER Ltd., India
Position: CAD Executive
• Worked as CAD Executive in Rai Industrial Power Ltd. Preparation of Electrical, DG Set commissioning, Foundation Details and Exhaust Piping Layout plans and other office administration work.
Dec-1998 to May-2000
Position: CAD Operator cum Office Assistance
Company Name: DELHI METRO RAIL CORPORATION Ltd., (GC to DMRC), India
• Worked as CAD operator cum Office Assistance and Personnel Assistance attached with US Project Manager, Electrical & Mechanical for Railway System Group, GC to DMRC is consortium of (PBI-PCI-JARTS-TONICHI-RITES).
Jan-1995 to Dec-1996
Position: Designer cum Draughtsman
ELLORA THE GROUP OF DESIGNERS
• Worked as Designer cum Draughtsman and was responsible preparing of Electrical drawings, analyzing data in excel, presentation of desire line diagram and manual hand Draughting & drawing tracing work.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Membership ‘The CAD Society’, Ravenshill Way, DeLand, Florida 32724, USA
• Diploma in Civil Engineering, passed the examination with ‘74%’, India
• Certificate Course in Desk Top Publishing, placed in ‘A’ Grade, India
• Diploma in Desk Top Publishing passed the examination with ‘A’ Grade, India
• Diploma in AutoCAD for Designing & Architecture passed the examination with ‘A’ Grade, India
• Certified Competent to carry out CAD work for Rail Signalling Design-WS ATKINS Partners & Overseas, Sharjah-UAE.
• Certified Competent to carry out CAD work for (Civil / Structure) Atkins Station Design Team-WS ATKINS Partners & Overseas, Sharjah-UAE
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• AutoCAD-R12 to 2006
• Microstation J, V8
• Corel Draw, Photo Paint
• MS office, MS Excel, MS Power Point for Business Presentation
• Material Integrated Production System (MIPS)
• PDMS Drafting (Basic)
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
14 Years Professional CAD Designing experience in Civil, Structural, Architecture Electrical and more.
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]