CV/Resume ID no.:
80463 Last Updated:
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Location (Residence): gurgaon, India Citizenship:India
English United Kingdom, Hindi, Tamil Other:
English United Kingdom, Hindi
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in civil Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Oman, Spain, United Kingdom Present Location: india, gurgaon Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am applying for the post of Structural Steel Detailer in the Pre-engineered Building & Structural Steel Engineering Design Section and Structural Steel Detailing Section in your esteemed organization, qualified for the same and meeting the requirements for such a post I, hereby submit my detailed curriculum vitae furnishing the required details for your kind perusal. That there are some openings for the above said post in your reputed concern; I wish to apply for the same.
I would like to inform you that I am well versed with AutoCAD & X-Steel software packages.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1. Working as a Designer/checker for Bechtel India Private Limited, New Delhi. (May 2006 to till date)
2. Worked as a Designer/Checker for Aarbee Structures private Limited, Bangalore (Structural Steel Detailers) from May 2004 to May 2006. (After completing BE in civil).
3. Worked as a Detailer for Aarbee Structures private Limited, Bangalore (Structural Steel Detailers) from May 2000 to June 2001. (After completing Diploma in Civil engineering).
Nature of work involved in the execution of projects –
In Bechtel (Designer/Checker)
(May 2006 to till date)
• Getting proper inputs to the Design engineers, initial suggestions for the designing of structure as per the availability the materials in shop, Erection feasibility of the structure and finalizing the Erections Sequences for erecting the steel structure.
• X-steel Modelling.
• Suggesting critical connection to the design engineers as per erection feasibilities and getting confirmation from them.
• Final coordination with electrical, piping, Mechanical equipments (checking If there any fouls or not), and finalizing the model
• Preparing GA drawing and shop drawings.
• Co-ordinating “HOLD” releases and Hold list between other disciplines (Piping, Electrical and Mechanical).
In Aarbee Structures Private Limited (Designer/Checker)
(May 2004 to May 2006)
• X-steel Modeling.
• Material quantities take off.
• Study of the architectural and Structural drawings.
• Making notes of all standards and norms to be followed.
• Preparation of RFI’s (questionnaire) before and as the project progresses.
• Checking of AB – drawings (anchor bolt drawings).
• Checking of E – drawings (erection drawings).
• Checking of Section drawings (structural sections).
• Checking of Shop drawings and co-ordination.
Private works (Detailer)
(2001 to January 2004)
• While pursuing my Bachelor of Engineering in Civil from MS University I was simultaneously under taking private Structural steel Detailing works.
In Aarbee Structures Private Limited (Detailer)
(May 2000 to June 2001)
• Studying Mechanical, architectural and civil structural drawings for the preliminary material take off and cutting plans.
• As per client’s standards preparing general arrangement drawings, connection details in AutoCAD
• Preparing shop fabrication drawings with respect to AISC, ASTM, BS standards.
• Preparation of cutting plans for plates by keeping minimum material wastage.
• Preparation of Bill of materials, Bolt location list & Erection sequences.
Important Projects Handled –
Daimler Chrysler for Bristol Steel
Long Branch School for Arnold Steel.
543 Main Street for Pecker iron Works
Ross Heart Hospital – Helipad for Atlas Steel
Bio-Medical Research Centre- for Atlas Steel
Honda, Marysville Paint Shop for Atlas Steel
University Of Cincinnati for Atlas Steel
Ford for Atlas steel
Elementary School for Arnold steel
Ogehara for South central steel.
Mosher Alumni House, University of California, for Cooker’s erector.
Sohar Aluminum Smelter Project (Muscat) for Bechtel Corporation
1) Cathode sealing shop.
2) Anode Bake furnace.
3) Pot line.
4) Anode Storage Building.
5) Cast House.
6) Silo Supporting Structure.
7) Anode Storage Building.
Yarwun 2 Aluminium Refinery (Australia) for Bechtel Corporation (At present)
1) Wharf Structure.
2) Bauxite Stockpile Conveyor.
4) JPU Unit NO.3 Pigging Station.
5) Tank Support Steels
6) Hydrate Classification Tank.
7) Hydrate Preparation Disc filter supporting frame.
8) Caustic Cleaning Preparation.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Diploma in civil engineering (1997 – 2000)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
AutoCAD – 14,2000,2005
STAAD PRO - Structural Analysis and Design – Software Package.
X – STEEL – Structural Steel Modeling & Detailing - Software Package.
Micro Station – Got training from Bechtel.
M S Office.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
PROJECT DONE WHILE DOING ENGINEERING.
Residential project: The project chosen was a multi storey apartment building. The project consisted of a number of chapters like slab, beam, columns, footings etc. It was analyzed and designed as per standard codes of practice and specifications and estimation of various quantities has been done.
The analysis was done manually as well as using STAAD PRO software
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]