Location (Residence): Fujairah, United Arab Emirates Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Electronics & Communication Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United Arab Emirates Present Location: UAE, Fujairah Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Seeking challenging shore based jobs including but not necessarily limited to Marine supervisor, Port planner, Marine coordinator.
Aims to contribute to the Organization's success by using the best of my capabilities and experience
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
More than 15 Years of Experience in Shipping Industry
1. Currently working as the Marine Supervisor with VOPAK HORIZON FUJAIRAH Ltd, Fujairah, UAE from April 2007 onwards. The company is one of the largest in the field of independent oil storage, with 75 terminals spread over several nations.
Directly involved in all the marine aspects of the terminals which includes 4 berths (+ 2
Berths under construction) and the SPM buoy (Single point mooring buoy)
Responsible to ensure the safe berthing, stay, un berthing of oil tankers at berths / SPM.
Conduct ship audits / inspections with a view to maintain good standard of oil tankers calling the terminal.
Involved in ensuring the marine safety during the on-going construction of new tanker berths.
Involved in developing marine procedures for the terminal
Single Point Mooring buoy (SPM) - Organizing the maintenance & survey by divers
Providing training in marine aspects for the loading masters in the terminal.
Conducting investigation of vessels calling at the terminal and developing operational difficulties during Loading / Discharging
Liaise with Port of Fujairah, harbor master, Pilots & marine department in ensuring uninterrupted marine services to the terminal.
Ensure the safe operation of company’s work boat and arranging for the manning & certification with ministry of communication (Dubai) & TRA (Telecommunications regulatory authority, UAE)
2. Long time sailing experience in OIL TANKERS (VLCC’s) / BULK CAREERS
- Worked as Second Officer with Univan Ship Management Hongkong from 2001 to 2006
- Worked as Second Officer with Denholm Ship Management Hongkong from 1996 to 2000
- Worked as Third Officer and Second Officer with Shipping Corporation of India from
1993 to 1995
- Worked as Deck Cadet with Shipping Corporation of India from 1990 to 1993.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Graduate in Bachelor of Engineering ( Electronics & Communication Eng.)
1. Pre- Sea training done from Maritime Training Institute, Powai, approved by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Surface transport, Government of India. Issued on 10 December 1990, covering the following subjects:
Nautical Physics Nautical Mathematics
Ship construction and Stability Cargo Work
Bridge equipment and Watch keeping Meteorology
Navigation Chart work and buoyage systems
Engineering knowledge and Electronics Practical Seamanship and rules of the road
Communication / Signals
2. Holding Second Mate (FG) License , Issued by Ministry of Transport of India
The certification includes training in ship stability, navigation, cargo work, ship construction, meteorology, ship board engineering knowledge.
Additional training & certification obtained related to above license includes.
1) ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING
2) PROFICIENCY IN SURVIVAL CRAFT AND RESCUE BOATS
3) SPECIALISED OIL TANKER SAFETY COURSE
4) RADAR, ARPA & NAVIGATIONAL SIMULATOR
5) MEDICAL FIRST AID
6) SHIP SECURITY OFFICER COURSE
7) PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
8) GMDSS GENERAL Operator’s CERTIFICATE
9) LIQUID CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR
10) CHEMICAL TANKER FAMILIARIZATION
11) CONTAINER SHIP OPERATIONS
12) BRIDGE TEAM MANAGEMENT
13) LARGE VESSEL SHIP HANDLING COURSE
14) ELECTRONIC CHART DISPLAY & INFORMATION SYSTEM (ECDIS) COURSE
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
PROFICIENCY IN MS OFFICE from BITS Computer education Also excel in Internet
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]