Location (Residence): Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in electrical Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: UK, Cleveland Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am interested in applying for any electrical work that may be available within your organisation. I am especially interested in working offshore. I am looking for a new challenge where I’m able to try new experiences and extend my knowledge of my trade as an electrician, and feel that offshore work will provide such challenges. In order to further my chances of gaining offshore employment, I have personally funded my BOSIET ticket, offshore medical and Comp’Ex’.
Although I don’t have any offshore experience, my previous employment, working in heavy industry within companies such as Northern Gas, Calor Gas, ICI, British Steel and Sellafield Nuclear Plant, I believe I have gained transferable skills installing industrial heating, lighting, electrical and instrumentation which would be suitable for an offshore installation job role.
I have attended all manner of safety induction and training courses including: working at height, working in hazardous areas, working to permit, working with high voltage, and using specialist safety apparatus when working alongside potential nuclear hazards. I consider myself to be a team player, but I can also work on my own initiative. ...
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Sept 07 – Present EI-WHS Approved Electrician
• Teesside Power Ltd, Wilton site: Quality Inspector. My main duties here are to inspect the work carried out by the electricians and instrument techs during an outage of one of the gas turbine machines. Job packs were filtered to me by the trade supervisors, then it was my responsibility to check the work done, locations of equipment, cable runs and termination details as per the job pack and report back with any defects found relating to the work done or the surrounding area. Photographs as well as inspections reports were then processed and sent to WHS outage supervisor.
• CalorGas, Middlesbrough: Compex inspections. This role involved working with the onsite electrician to inspect various lighting, motor, IS, alarm and electrical circuits within the site. During detailed inspections all single line drawings and circuit diagrams had to be created by myself in instances when they were not available. All inspections were carried out with reference to the Calor Specification using their specified paperwork.
• Northern Gas Networks, Pannal: Rip-out and installation of cabling for a water heater skid. This involved running new cabling through sand filled ducts from the control room to the skid location. All existing cabling and containment were removed before installing new appropriate containment and correct cabling. All cables were glanded to compex spec and terminated into all the existing instruments. New drawings were created and then married up with other drawings supplied by the customer.
• Northern Gas Networks, Carlisle: Stripping out and refitting all instruments and associated cabling in a governor house. This role included the removal of all IS and non IS control enclosures and existing cabling in and around the governor house. New Galvanised Tray was installed throughout the governor house along with new IS and non IS cabling and new EExd Hawk glands were terminated onto the existing instruments. The removed IS control enclosures where re-installed into a secure metal container and re-connected using the as fitted drawings. All panel wiring was completed as per the new drawings. I also tested all cabling using IS and none IS test equipment. This job involved working at heights on the gas holder and the use of harnesses and fall arresters.
• CalorGas, Leeds: Rectifying faults found during Close and Detailed. This included installing new glands, re terminating instruments and motors, replacing damaged cabling and de-commissioning and clearing unused kit. All of this work was carried out in Hazardous areas classified as Zones 1 and 2. We also had to amend or replace existing documentation to keep the plants records up to date.
Originally employed as an engineer when the company was in its first year, I had worked my way up to a management position based on, my hands on skills and my man management skills. Main role was to maintain an already excellent reputation for quality and customer service. This I achieve by working very closely with the MD of the company in organising the workload and the engineers, ensuring everyone was aware of what their roles are and that every engineer had the materials and knowledge to carry out his job.
I was also responsible for the design and configuration of audio and visual systems, electrical works and computer networks. It gave me a great deal of satisfaction knowing that I had been involved in a project from idea to completion.
As well as the above I was always on hand to offer technical help to the staff and customers to over come any issues that may have arisen.
Jan 04 – July 04 IT/Audio Visual Technician Coates IT Ltd
Employed to offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support to local companies within a 40 mile radius from the Yarm based office. Also to develop and install audio visual systems in domestic properties.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
EDUCATION September 1983 – July 1989
Ormesby Comprehensive School and South Park Sixth Form achieved nine GCSE’s including Mathematics and English Language.
BOSIET Ticket gained at Falck Nutec in Teesside
Current Offshore Medical certificate
City and Guilds 236 part 1 & 2 in electrical practises.
IEE 16th edition qualification.
Comp’Ex’ Certificate covering 01-04
Appointed Persons First Aid Certificate
Electricity at Work Certificate
Cresent PTW level 2
Molex/Mod Tap termination certificate
Lucent Technologies Giga Speed Termination certificate.
Molex fibre termination and splicing certificate.
MCP - 70-210 (Windows 2000 Professional)
MCP - 70-215 (Windows 2000 Server)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I have several remote control cars which I enjoy racing on and off road and when not using remote cars I’ll race one of my two 100cc 2stroke go karts at my local track. I am married, have a son under 1 and a 5 year old daughter who are both a constant source of entertainment and we like to get out into the fresh air as often as possible. Catching up with my friends and family at weekends is very important to me as I have a large family and a large circle of friends.