English South Africa Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in english language,mathematics,sciences,geography and woodwork Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Angola Present Location: ANGOLA, LUANDA Relocation: Australia
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Dear sir /madam
Re: Application for a job as a Heavy Duty diesel fitter mechaic
I read with interest your advertisement seeking a qualified professional. I am a qualified hydraulic technician who worked with various types of valves
As you will also see in my resume, I am very much qualified and able meet all the demands that always come with such demanding positions, however, I do not hesitate to call myself that I am the rightful candidate for this job.
I therefore kindly request any information or application forms related to this application and I hope to have an opportunity to meet with you.
- Complete job record report sheets for all equipment maintained
- Complete daily time sheets
- Ensure compliance to safe work policies and procedures and maintain a safe and tidy work environment.
- Adherence to site safety policies and procedures
- Minimise parts wastage
- Undertake preventative maintenance as per the preventative maintenance program
- Other duties as directed
-To provide repair and preventative maintenance for all equipment to ensure optimal availability at the most economic cost.
-Ensuring workshop safety standards are adhered to and maintaining good house keeping.
-Carrying out scheduled preventive maintenance on a fleet of heavy and light trucks and Earth moving equipments.
-Training and supervision of junior staff.
-Liaisons with the site managers on the availability of trucks, Equipments required for the other construction activities, such as the Quarry etc.
IMPOR-CAR Luanda (Field Technician) 3yrs April 2002-May 2005)
-Inspect and monitor work in progress and ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Co-ordinate activities of units
- Assist with monitoring inventory of all plant and equipment
- Travel to sites as required undertaking maintenance activities
-Supervising semi skilled, junior mechanics and engine overhauls.
MHANGULA COPPER MINES, ZIMBABWE 2yrs January (1999- February 2001)
-Repair and maintenance of heavy duty, light vehicles, Earth moving equipments and generators.
-Routine visiting of Mining sites
RIO TINTO GROUP OF MINES (Kadoma, Zimbabwe), 2yr (1992- 1998)
-Repair and maintenance of heavy duty, light vehicles, Earth moving equipments.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
-Motor mechanic/Heavy duty Diesel Fitter/Hydraulics Technician
- Trade certificate in heavy duty plant maintenance.
-Qualified journey man with 16 years working experience in the mining, farming and construction industries. I have worked with various types machines, ranging from earth moving machines, tractors, small vehicles, heavy trucks,
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
-Intermediate Excel, and basic WORD and OUTLOOK skills
- Basic intermediate PC skills
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
- Certificate in supervisory management
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
-Capable of dismantling and assembling of gas turbines engines
-Capable of working with PETROL vehicles
• -Capable of communicating at all levels
-Capable of working long hours with no supervision
-Capable of working with HYDRAULIC systems, this includes repairing of cylinders, control valves, relief valves etc
-Capable of dismantling and assembling ENGINES(engine overhaul)
-Capable of working with POWERTRAINS in earth moving machines, this includes axles, transmissions, final drives, torque converters -Capable of using computer boxes during trouble shooting in machines
-capable of operating any kind of earth moving machines
-capable of working with PNEUMATICS –both hydraulic and air brake systems
• -Complete vehicle drive train
-Power assisted brake systems
-Wheel vehicle suspension systems
-Wheel vehicle wheel/hub assemblies
-Wheel vehicle mechanical (manual) steering systems
-Wheel vehicle hydraulic (power) steering systems
-Wheel vehicle crane/hoist/winch assemblies
-Capable of repairing any kind of automatic and manual gear boxes