Masters in Geophysics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Pakistan Present Location: Pakistan, Islamabad Relocation: European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Bahrain, Egypt, United States
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I would like to explore the possibility of a placement in your Organization and in pursuit thereof.
I believe, the resume speaks well of my professional and academic qualifications and skills, which can cohesively complement the duties and responsibilities requirement for the said placement.
I feel having no reservation in being confident to be assertive about my professional education, having Masters and Bachelors Degree in Geophysics; I would prove myself as an asset for your company along with the skills refined through experience.
I would appreciate if, after assessing my qualifications and your requirements concurring mutually, you kindly let me know if we can proceed further to explore this opportunity.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Nov 2006 – Sep 2007:
Wire-line Field Engineer
Reservoir Evaluation Wire Line(REW), Schlumberger, KSA
Started working as Wire Line Trainee Engineer. Successfully completed professional Training course at UK. After that moved back to assigned location and started working as Field Engineer .Worked as WL Field Engineer in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. During this period I worked on these Tools
• Learned Basic’s of Logging procedures and Equipments.
• Learned the Acquisition Software used to acquire data in field.
• Worked on different Tools used in Field, Such as :
- AIT (Array Induction Tool): to accurately measure open hole formation conductivity, Spontaneous Potential, Mud Resistivity etc.
- MCFL (Micro Cylindrical Focused Log) provides three basic measurements Rxo - Invaded zone resistivity, Rmc - Mudcake resistivity and hmc - Mudcake thickness
- HGNS (Highly Integrated Gamma Ray Neutron Sonde) and GR (Gamma Ray) for Neutron Measurements to interpret Porosity, Gas Detection and Lithology identification.
- DSLT(Digitizing Sonic Logging Tool), TLD (Three Detector Lithology Density Tool), VSI (Versatile Seismic Imager Tool)
• Spent time in DCS (Data Consulting Services) Processing Department and learned basic techniques for processing of Borehole Seismic. Assisted the DCS team for preparation of VSP (Vertical Seismic Profile) using Geo Frame Software.
Attended 6 weeks Training Course at British Training Center (BTC), Livingstone, UK known as PEPTEC-1 COURSE. This course included Theoretical and Practical studies of the following Tools and Software’s.
• AIT(Array Induction Tool)
• MCFL (Micro Cylindrical Focused Log)
• HGNS (Highly Integrated Gamma Ray Neutron Sonde) and GR (Gamma Ray)
• DSLT(Digitizing Sonic Logging Tool)
• TLD (Three Detector Lithology Density Tool)
• VSI (Versatile Seismic Imager Tool)
• OP Software used for field acquisition
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• M.Sc. Geophysics 2004-2006
Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad, Pakistan.
• B.Sc. Geophysics 2000-2003
Bahria University Islamabad, Pakistan.
• Research work during M.Sc thesis on “2D Seismic Reflection Data Interpretation on QADIRPUR BLOCK”.
• One month’s Internship at Oil and Gas Training Institute (OGDCL), Islamabad, Pakistan, covering Seismic Data Interpretation.
• Geological studies during field trips of Khewra, Nilawahan, Nammal Gorges and Swat, Kalam areas in Pakistan.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Strong working knowledge of Windows XP & MS-Office
• Experienced in UNIX/LINUX workstations
• Office Automation using MS Office.
• Programming languages++ and FORTRAN
• Hiking and Travelling
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem Solving and quick decision-making.
• Good analytical skills.
• Self-motivated and Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• A quick learner
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]