CV Project Manager Keppel FELS; project management / business development
Project Manager Keppel FELS; project management / business development
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Project Manager Keppel FELS; project management / business development - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Overall in-charge for the rig building project safety, cost control, quality and schedule. This includes overseeing project engineering design, equipment procurement, and labour subcontracting. Main liaison contact personnel between customer and company.
i. Deep Drillers (Deep Drilling Invest/Sinvest) - Newbuilding of a series of five KFELS Super B Class Jackup rigs (from 1Q 2004 to 1Q 2009).
- Deep Driller 2 – Contract value US$126mil. Vessel delivered in April 2006. Post warranty phase.
- Deep Driller 3 – Contract value US$126mil. Vessel delivered in Nov 2006. Post warranty phase.
- Deep Driller 5 – Contract value US$132.8 mil. Vessel delivered in Jul 2007. Post warranty phase.
- Deep Driller 6 – Contract value US$145 mil. Vessel under construction. To be delivered in 3Q 2008.
- Deep Driller 8 – Contract value US$140mil. Vessel under construction. To be delivered in 1Q 2009.
ii. Safe Astoria (Consafe) - Conversion of drilling rig (Sedco 602) to an accommodation rig.
b) Keppel FELS (Marketing Department)
Senior Executive (1 Jul 03 – 30 Jun 04)
Worked with Management on the timely preparation and negotiations for offshore oil rig building/conversion/repair project tenders. Other areas include providing customer support and company public relations.
Major rig construction contracts awarded:
Rig Owner Rig Design Rig Name Date & Contract Value
i. Deep Drilling Invest KFELS Super B Class Deep Driller 2 Feb 2004, US$126mil
ii. Seadrill (ex. Odjfell) KFELS B Class SeaDrill 3 Mar 2004, US$114mil
c) Keppel Corporation (Strategic Development Department)
Senior Executive (1 Jan 01 – 30 Jun 03)
Executive (1 Mar 00 – 31 Dec 00)
Worked with Keppel Group Business Units, as part of the “IT Study Group” initiative, tasked to review IT directions for the Keppel Group.
i. Led Keppel FELS Engineering Department in the selection, sourcing and management proposal for a new IT system to improve their workflow process.
ii. Led Keppel Corporation Group Treasury in the selection, sourcing and management proposal to upgrade existing IT system.
d) Keppel Corporation (Internal Audit Department)
Auditor (1 Jul 99 – 28 Feb 00)
i. Conducted internal audits for Keppel Corporation subsidiary companies to ensure that checks and controls were in place.
ii. Developed a simple database program (using Microsoft Access 2.0) to track audits done and forecast next audits for the subsidiary companies.
e) Keppel Corporation (Business Development Department)
Executive (1 Sep 96 – 30 Jun 99)
Scanned the Marine business market and evaluated investment opportunities. Conducted visits to potential yards for acquisition, and developed business models to study their investment feasibility. Kept regular updates on the investment rules and regulations of the host countries.
i. Investment studies to setup a shipyard facility in Indonesia.
ii. Joint venture proposal to setup a steel processing facility in Singapore.
f) Keppel Shipyard (Marine Dept)
Trainee Engineer (1 May 93 – 30 Apr 95)
Shiprepair Manager (1 May 95 – 31 Aug 96)
Started as Trainee Engineer, with job rotation over various trade sections to familiarise with shipyard operations and practices. Subsequently, promoted to Shiprepair Manager to manage shiprepair projects. Overall in-charge of the shiprepair projects, in safety, quality and especially timely delivery of vessels to our customers. Vessels repaired were mainly tankers and bulk carriers.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Jan 1995 to Dec 1995 Singapore Institute of Management - Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
Jul 1989 to Jun 1993 National University of Singapore - Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (First Class)
Jan 1985 to Dec 1986 Anglo-Chinese Junior College - GCE ‘A’ Level
Jan 1981 to Dec 1984 Anglo-Chinese Secondary School - GCE ‘O’ Level
Jan 1975 to Dec 1980 Anglo-Chinese Primary School - P.S.L.E.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project & Outlook (User level)
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Hobby and Interest
- Computer gaming
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
(a) Career Objectives
- To keep learning and contributing to the organization and industry.
- To develop others with my knowledge and experience; to extract their potential to serve the organization.
- To motivate others to perform their best for the organization.
(b) Areas of Strength
- Good interpersonal skills, able to put people together, and build up personal and team relations
- Able to work independently as a team leader and contribute as a team member
- Well rounded training with good understanding of various company functions
- Able to communicate well with all levels and external parties
- Committed to meeting deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good documentation and administration skills
(c) Personal Traits
- Willingness to learn and experience
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Pleasant and jovial character
(d) Major Achievements
i. Successfully delivered 2 KFELS Super B Class Jackup Drilling rigs for Deep Drilling Invest Pte Ltd (Deep Driller 3 and Deep Driller 5) as Keppel FELS Project Manager.
ii. Successfully awarded 2 rig construction contracts by 2 rig owners as Keppel FELS Senior Marketing Executive.