CV Crane Operator Crane Operator, Balance Control Operator or Warehouseman
Crane Operator Crane Operator, Balance Control Operator or Warehouseman
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Crane Operator Crane Operator, Balance Control Operator or Warehouseman - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Round Rock, United States Citizenship:United States
English United States Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Basic Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States Present Location: USA, Round Rock Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
In my 12+ years in the oil and gas industry, I have worked on semi-submersible and jack-up drilling rigs. I would like to use this experience to work on an offshore oil rig with a reputable firm. I am looking for a position as Crane Operator, or possibly a Balance Control Operator or Warehouseman.
In 1981 I started in the industry as cleaner for Keydrill Offshore. I eventually worked my way up to the position of maintenance pusher, roustabout, and finally a crane operator. My experience also included extensive knowledge of the international four-coat paint system and chipping and sandblasting. I also attended several paint schools sponpored by International Paint Company. I have worked in the Gulf of Mexico, the Behring Sea/Alaska and several foreign countries (West Africa, the Congo, Nigeria, and South America).
In addition to 8+ years as a crane operator, I have trained other crane operators. In all those years, I observed safety standards and have never been responsible for personal injury or damage. I have extensive experience operating both the Manitowac and the National Diesel Powered Cranes. I also have running time on Unit Diesel Power Cranes and the Laterno Electric Crane. My crane operating experience, together with the information learned in training classes, gives me a very unique perspective in operating a crane.
I appreciate your time reading my resume and considering me to work for your company. If am allowed the opportunity to work for you, I will not disappoint you. I am competent, reliable, and very eager to return to the business that I am most passionate about – the oil and gas industry. I can provide excellent references upon request.
I will be API re-certified and have a current passport by August 31, 2008.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Western Oceanics – Crane Operator
Alaskan Star (Enhanced Pacesetter)
• Operated traveling/stationary overhead crane to lift, move and position loads using hoisting attachments such as hook, sling or bucket.
• Monitored load hookup and determined safety of load
• Manipulated crane controls (pedals, levers, buttons) to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoisted movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions
• Determined appropriate lifting capacities for load weights to prevent overload
• Inspected and adjusted crane mechanisms and lifting accessories, i.e., main line, fast line and boom line cables, to prevent malfunctions and damage.
• Cleaned, lubricated and maintained crane and hoisting mechanisms.
• Inspected crane for defective parts or malfunctions
• Inspected loads for conformance to regulations, and removed and batched packaging tickets.
• Reviewed daily delivery schedules to determine sequence of deliveries and special loading instructions
• Trained others to perform tasks, including crane operating.
Sheehan Pipeline Services
Responsibilities included submerging pipe into ditch off-lay barge
Will Bros Energy Services – Pipeline
• Responsibilities included building fences, tie-in crew and setting mile marker posts. I also worked on the road boring crew.
Santa Fe Drilling – Crane Operator
Aleutian Key (semi-submersible)
• Responsibilities included equipment maintenance and repair; operating crane, reviewing schedules and inspecting packaging for conformance to regulations.
Key Hawaii (jack-up rig)
Key Singapore (jack-up rig)
• Maintenance Pusher – Responsibilities included chipping, painting and sandblasting.
• Roustabout – Responsibilities included assembling and repairing oil field machinery and equipment, keeping deck clear of safety hazards, readied rig and sling loads moved by rig crane
• Assistant Crane Operator – Responsibilities included cleaning, lubricating and maintenance of equipment. Operated crane.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Education: High School Diploma
1-1/2 years college – Paris Junior College
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft Office Products
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• First Aid
• Firefighting School
• H2S Poisonous Gas Procedures
• Preparation of international 4 coat paint system
• Helicopter Safety Training
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I owned my own automotive shop from 1999 to 2007 when I sold it. I want to get back to the work I love - crane operator