English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Marine Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Cyprus, Avgorou Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Control Room Operator
Plant (Refinery, Gas...)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am an experienced Control Room/Production Operator with 18 years working in oil and gas operations. This has been gained both on and offshore, in the UK and overseas. I have recently emigrated to Cyprus from the UK.
I am currently looking for employment because my wife is finding my current rotation of 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off, very difficult.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
DCS Operator (Utilities) May 2008 to present
Balhaf LNG Plant – Yemen
I am leading the team responsible for the operation of the Control Panel (Foxboro IA Series) during Pre commissioning, Commissioning and Operations of the Utility and Offsite Systems - namely Nuevo Pignone Gas Turbines, 3 steam boilers, air compressors, diesel driven firewater pumps, desalination units, centralised chiller package, nitrogen generation unit, LNG storage tanks and associated pumps and loading arms. I have been given the responsibility of leading the commissioning team in the field, directing operations and liasing with vendors. I am responsible for updating procedures as required during the course of the Project.• I will be working with the Test and Loop Check Teams and will follow and adjust priorities for commissioning of the necessary systems and subsystems.
BP Dimlington Terminal 2006 - 2008
Working through CMAS for both outside operator and control room operations, using a SCADA system and monitoring the process of Gas dehydration, passing it to Transco with the associated condensate stabilised and batched to BP Saltend.
CRO/Production Technician – (Contract) 2004 - 2006
Centrica storage site in East Yorkshire.
Aquatic Engineering 1999 - 2004
Control Room Operator
Yetagun platform Myanmar - producing 450 MMSCFD with associated condensate production of approximately 10000 barrels per day.
• Initially employed to assist with the commissioning of the process plant, contract was extended to cover start-up and normal operations.
• Carried out Production Operations in a safe and effective manner and was responsible for sections of the plant as required. The job also included training of national operators both outside and in the control room.
• Fully involved in the monitoring and control of the permit to work system and also control room duties as required. The plant facilities include gas dehydration (by glycol contact), hydrocarbon dew-point control (by propane refrigeration), gas compression; condensate stabilisation and produced water clean up.
PGS Atlantic Power Jan 1999 - Oct 1999
Production Technician - ad-hoc basis
Douglas platform which has two process trains for oil and gas, both of which have a high concentration of Hydrogen Sulphide. Oil is exported to an oil tanker and gas to a North Wales power station.
AOC International Services 1997 - 1998
Sangachal Oil Terminal, Baku, Azerbaijan which processes oil from the Chirag field in the Caspian Sea.
• Member of a team involved with pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of, Duties include the writing of commissioning and start-up procedures prior to first oil, through to start-up and operation.
• Responsible for training the local employees as production operators.
BP 1990 - 1997
Oil Production Vessel "SEILLEAN"
Responsible for the safe operation of sub-sea well control via hydraulic package, crude oil separation and storage.
• Fuel gas compressed for use in Ruston gas turbines. Three diesel engines as auxiliary power supplying 3.3MW each.
• Experience in the synchronisation of generators and operation of HV/LV switchboards. Nitrogen generation via P.S.A. and membrane units. Produced water treatment for safe disposal via a filter/coalescer package. Chemical storage, handling and dosing, laboratory samples and analysis of crude oil and water.
Merchant Navy 1978 - 1990
Marine Engineer Officer
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of ships’ engine room and auxiliary equipment, including boilers, pumps, evaporators, fuel and lube oil systems. Routine and breakdown maintenance carried out at sea, fabricating parts as required.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Education and Training:
Certificate of Competency – Marine Engineer Officer
Hull Trinity House School - 6 GCE O-Levels
- Helicopter Fire-fighting Solar Gas Turbines
- Level 1 Gas Tester Abrasive Wheels
- Maximo (computerised maintenance management)
- Safety Representative Electric Submersible Pumps (Reda)
- STOP for Safety
- Emerson D.C.S. ISSOW - Sentinel Pro (Permit-to-work)
- City & Guilds Process Plant Operations - completed 3 sections out of 5
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft Office User
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]