CV Structural Naval Architect, Offshore structure construction
Structural Naval Architect, Offshore structure construction
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Structural Naval Architect, Offshore structure construction - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
CV/Resume ID no.:
83635 Last Updated:
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Location (Residence): Surat, India Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in Offshore engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: India Present Location: India, Surat Relocation: India, Singapore
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I have 14 years of ship building / design experience and 11 years of offshore structure construction experience and would like to work in the Oil and Gas industries.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
14 years in Ship building / design experience and 11 years of Offshore structure construction experience. present job in the offshore construction yard of Larsen & Toubro Ltd, India as Head of its Design & Engineering dept. Constructed so far about 15 jacket platforms, one drill ship. also have undertaken clamp-on jobs and offshore revamp jobs. took part in construction of 27000 dwt and 14000 dwt bulk carriers. was involved in integrated ship design software development and in design of "water injection dredger", "bed leveler" and also in "Sail application in a 26000 dwt bulker". was involved in economic viability analysis for refitting of two dredgers.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
- B.Tech from IIT, Kharagpur in 1981 in Naval Architecture
- M.Sc from Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK - Post graduate diploma in Computer Application
- trained as Lead auditor of ISO 9001 standard - trained in Harland & Wolf yard on offshore construciton
- trained in De Wager, Rotterdam in Yard development - trained in IHC, Holland in Ship building / design
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
- wrote at least 200,000 line in FORTRAN for Integrated ship design software (naval architectural calculations)
- wrote about 10000 lines in C language (optimum sail angle estimation for a ship), tubular profile generation, ship resistance estimation
- conversant in MICROSOFT OFFICE
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
- developed training programmes for yard personnel for Offshore jacket construction and on Piping
- developed training programme with National Institute of Technology on structure and pressure vessel for fresh engineers
- developed lecture on "ISO 29001" and also on "Team building and Leadership"
- developed lecture for draftsmen to avoid general errors for offshore jacket structural drawing preparation
- my department designed "travelling crane, pipe shop & structure for man / material shifting" for L & T yard
- developed 24 new procedures for my dept over 2 years
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
- published several articles in the journals of Institution of Marine Engineers (India) and in the journal of the Institution of Engineers (India) on ship building and Offshore construction. received " President of India Prize" and "Institution prize" from the Institution of Engineers (India). Received "National overseas scholarship" from Govt. of India, for study abroad.