CV/Resume ID no.:
83745 Last Updated:
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Location (Residence): sunderland, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in economics and geology Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: united kingdom, Sunderland Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
It is with great interest that I wish to be considered for a position which suits my skills, qualifications, experience and profile. With my record of academic achievements and professional career history of over 17 years in a Contracts and Managerial role I feel demonstrates attributes that would make me a valuable employee. I have the capacity to learn new skills quickly and am very adaptable. I am ready for a new and exciting career move forward and a fresh challenge. I am committed to constant improvement in learning new and exciting skills to enhance my career in any fields.
My CV/Resume is enclosed to provide you with details of my skills and accomplishments. You can see the areas I excel in are:
Research - Analysed, clarified.
People skills - Collaborated, communicated comfortably at all levels.
Instilled, motivated and leading by example.
Leading by example and setting and maintaining high standards of working practises.
Client Focused and Target Driven.
An eye for detail.
I am available immediately and I am willing to travel to any location, and for any length of time.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
World Wide Telecom - Contracts Manager July 2000 May 2008
Responsible for the management of teams of sub-contractor agents, refurbishing the BT national telephone exchange network
• Preparing work schedules in accordance with the clients budget and time frame.
• Contingency planning to ensure potential schedule delays were addressed.
• Formulating reports for presentations at Board level.
• Allocation of Sub Contractor Teams, according to tasks against team core skills.
• Budget control, ensuring sub-contractor hours did not exceed allocated budget costs.
• Devising and monitoring K.P.I.’s for sub-contractors and management.
• The recruitment and retention of key of Engineers and Support Staff.
• Secured rolling BT contracts due to works being completed on time and to budget. Constructive in gaining World Wide Telecom, preferred contractor status with BT.
• Implemented new staff performance and appraisal system
• Increased staff retention rates by 7%
B.T. Sales Division – Team Manager May 1998 April 2000
Managing a department responsible for up selling BT products & services to existing customers,
• Proactive Sales, Management Skills
• Business Processes, Negotiation Skills
• Project Management, Quality Management
• Cost Control and Budgeting, Development Planning
• Risk Management, Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
• Communication and Reporting, Human Relations Skills
• Creating and implementing Sales Targets
• Monitoring staff performance against key product sales objectives
• Created effective training schedules to enhance staff core skills
• Managing staff recruitment, ensuring maximum productivity from existing resources
• Staff motivation and discipline
• During peak periods, I had to prioritize and handle multiple orders, market many products, answer questions quickly, communicate clearly, up sell additional selections and ensure repeat business. My daily tip totals provided highly efficient feedback, as they were based on personal productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Department increased sales year on year in excess of budgets
• Secured major blue chip service upgrades
• Department operated at, or below Departmental Budget Allocations
1975-1990 Sunderland Busways - One man operator Bus driver
1970 - 1975 British Merchant Navy - Cook
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Graduate into Enterprise N.E. (GENIE) 1994-1995
Advanced Diploma in Information Technology NVQ III
University of Sunderland 1990 - 1993
Combined Studies in Sciences reading Economics and Geology
B.Sc. (Hons) 2 ii
Sunderland Polytechnic 1989 - 1990
HNC Business and Finance
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Advanced Diploma in Information Technology NVQ III
Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office) Practical experience in software and ability to learn new programs. Powerpoint, Excel, Microsoft 2000, Office, Vista
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Ability to interact with all levels of management.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to think logically and analytically in a problem solving environment.
Ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Flexible attitude to work and sensitivity to business requirements.
Sense of dedication, attention to detail, desire to produce only the highest quality of work and an ability to consistently reach goals to timely conclusions.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
An innovative and self motivated Business Manager with over 33 years wide ranging experience in the sales and customer service industry, covering new business development, marketing, and finance. Who is an excellent team motivator with proven recruitment, training and personnel management experience. Who is a bottom line conscious individual, operating within time and budget constraints. Is an effective communicator who is able to present information/data in a clear and concise form both oral and written.
Objectives: Seeking to further develop my career within a reputable multinational organization & to enrich my work experience with more business challenges, in a senior managerial position. I have 20+ years in management & selling, backed with strong academic qualifications, training & major accomplishments.