CV Manager Shipping Company, ex Master Mariner 14 years in command, Head of Shipping
Manager Shipping Company, ex Master Mariner 14 years in command, Head of Shipping
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Manager Shipping Company, ex Master Mariner 14 years in command, Head of Shipping - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Nautical Science O.N.C. Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), United States Present Location: Egypt, Cairo Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Dear Prospective Employer,
I would like to apply with your company for the position of a Manager where I can use my skills and previous experience to help you obtain your company's mission. The enclosed resume will furnish you with complete information concerning my background and capabilities.
I am seeking an international position.
Should you have an opening in your organization for a person with my qualifications, or should you be anticipating one in the near future, I would very much appreciate meeting with you for a personal interview at which time we can discuss in greater detail how my experience and genuine enthusiasm for getting the job done, getting it done safe, and getting it done right will benefit your company.
In the interim, I thank you for your time, attention and considerations.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Manager as Head of Shipping for an International Shipping & Livestock Company based in Cairo. Extensive practical yard experience in Major Conversion projects & Upgrading projects. Seafarer for 31 years, 12 years as Master. Diverse vessel types ranging from livestock / container / passenger / bulk / safety stand by / coastal.
• Proactive in a constantly changing marine environment.
• Positive in outlook, adaptable to change.
• Dedicated in all aspects of work.
• Continually searching to make a positive contribution to the organisation I am employed with.
present Head of Shipping
Responsible to the MD for the overall management of the Company's vessels.
Advise the Principals / Consultants / Architects and take a pro-active role in the New Building Project currently in progress - (Largest Livestock Carrier afloat).
Compiled a drydock repair spec for a USD 6M refit utilising 700t steel with expected repair period of 6 months. Negotiate with yards worldwide to secure best contract price. Carried through the repair to a successful conclusion with entry to Class.
Discuss and attend Surveys with Class Societies for anticipated Class Change.
Conduct regular in-house vessel condition surveys.
Maintain the I.S.M. System for the vessel and the Quality Manual in the Office. Responsible as D.P.A. ashore.
Handle P & I Claims, H & M Claims, investigate incidents, follow up with reports. Deal directly with Port State Control Authorities and keep abreast of Class, IMO, AMSA, & Statutory Requirements with respect to relevant tonnage and vessel type.
Co-ordinate cargo planning, pre-load / post load & port operations both at load and discharge ports.
• Rewrote the Company ISM Manual
• Devised & Implemented Company Garbage Management Plan inline with MARPOL Regulations
• Implemented a Shipboard Ballast Water Management Plan in line with IMO Regulations
May 2006 Master F.G.
Master on large livestock vessels trading worldwide.
• Prepared vessel in line with Australian requirements for survey each voyage
• Fostered good working relationships with local authorities, inspection departments especially AMSA, AQIS, Class Societies
• Prioritised work schedules / repairs on such demanding vessels
• Participated in numerous drydockings of intense and complex nature.
• Minimised company S$2M in drydock bill in one particular instance
• Take proactive roles in S$20M project of vessel upgrade dealing directly with Class and Governmental authorities on Survey work
• Developed a complex stability program for 3 different vessels which still in use today
• Carried out rescue at sea and safely transported survivors to port.
Apr 1994 Navigating Officer
Commenced seagoing career as apprentice with Cunard Line then gaining promotion working for various foreign flag companies on a diverse range of vessels.
• In charge of heavy lift operations on board vessel equipped with Stulken Derricks.
• First hand experience of salavage operations of cargo vessel stranded on coral reef.
• In charge of barge operations in the above salvage operation.
• Work experience in North Sea on Safety Stand By vessel in the Buchan Oilfield
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Commenced sea service in 1974 Plymouth. Obtained 2nd Mates F.G. 1979 along with ONC in Nautical Science. Obtained Chief Mates F.G. 1984 Cardiff along with Higher Technical Diploma in Nautical Studies.
• August 2004 Lead Auditor/Auditor Training for ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems incorporating the ISM Code
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledgable in Powerpoint and AutoCad
• Practical knowledge of the following management systems:-
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Very good interpersonal skills having worked with multi national crews for many years.
Excellent communication skills.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Member of the Nautical Institute.
Keen sportsman, playing squash, tennis, soccer.