Location (Residence): dubai, United Arab Emirates Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United Arab Emirates Present Location: UAE, DUBAI Relocation: Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Attention: HR Department
Subject: Application for the post of Safety Engineer / Safety Officer
Please find attached herewith my updated CV for the application of Safety Engineer
Further, please be informed that I have solid experience with Construction & Industrial Safety work activities as I was assigned in Dubai Mall Project, Dubai Airport project, Dubai Metro Project & Palm Jumeirah Dubai Projects. Having familiar with the Codes of Construction Safety of the construction industry in the Emirate of Dubai. Work under Health and Safety regulations and standards of Port Customs and Free Zone Corporation (PCFC).
Hoping for your kind consideration and approval.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
GULF PRECISION METALS LLC (ANC GROUP OF COMPANIES) DUBAI, UAE
From April 2007 till date
Dubai International Airport Terminal – III Expansion Project
• Inspecting and ensuring that all works are in line with Project Specific HSE Plan.
• Inspecting and monitoring all lifting activities before and during the lifting process and checking the plant also.
• Making HSE report on a daily basis about the observations and unsafe conditions and recommending remedial actions.
• Ensuring that Work Permits are there in place (if needed) before the start of work and giving training before commencing the job.
• Liaising with respective Engineers and other Supervisory Staff to implement the HSE Plans.
• Well versed in preparing, controlling and managing all Project HSE documents.
• Preparing the Risk Assessments, and coordinating with section head and HSE Manager prior to start of respective work.
• Reporting all accidents, incidents and near miss to the HSE Manager and investigating the cases as per his advice.
• Ensuring that all personnel on Site are fully compliant with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) rules as envisaged in HSE Plan, prior to the start of work on a daily basis.
• Reporting the non-compliance to HSE Manager and helping to rectify the situation.
• Conducting Tool Box Talk to workers at site.
• Supervision of fire marshals and checking their daily reports.
• Attending Safety Meetings with the site management and sub-contractors.
• Monitoring the environmental activities such as dust control, noise level etc.
• Ensuring that storage/handling of Chemicals are as per COSHH regulations
SAFETY OFFICER (DUBAI METRO PROJECT)
ARABIAN FORASOL FOUNDATIONS LLC (AL GHURAIR GROUP OF COMPANIES) DUBAI, U.A.E
From April 2006 to April 2007
Dubai Metro Rail Project (JT METRO JV)
• Worked as a Safety Officer with this company which was the sub contractor to carry out the piling work at Metro Section I of VSB Sub – Structure.
• Conducting safety induction to the workers newly coming in to the site and giving toolbox talks.
• Reporting the HSSE issues to Safety manager and coordinating with HSSE managers of the consultant’s safety.
• Preparing, maintaining and updating the weekly, monthly health and safety report.
• Attending the HSSE meeting with consultants.
• Preparing the safety inspection check list.
• Making reply, review, action, and comment for the corresponding site memo from contractor or consultant.
• Implementing evacuation drill and evaluate on the site.
• Preparing accident /incident notification report and follow up.
• Implementing safety systems and procedures throughout all phases of the project.
• Conduct the Risk assessment and control measures of specific job.
• Coordinating with Project Manager and Construction Engineer of the site to ensure the safe and smooth operation.
• Advising management on preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
• Implementing the traffic on the site by providing sign boards, jersey barriers, safety cones, warning tape etc
BAUER INTERNATIONAL, ABU DHABI, UAE BRANCH 0F SPEZIALTIEFBAU GmbH GERMANY
From December 2003 to April 2006
SERVICE ENGINEER (SAFETY)
KULATHUNGAL MOTORS (TATA PASSENGER CARS DEALER)
JUN 03 TO DEC 03
ASSISTANT SERVICE ENGINEER (SAFETY)
AIR INDIA LIMITED, TRIVANDRUM INTERNATIONAL AIR PORT.
JUN 02 TO MAY 03
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
DIPLOMA IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
1999-2002 BE Mechanical Engineering from PET Engineering College, Vallioor
Under M S University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
1996-1999 DIPLOMA Automobile Engineering from K.N.S.K Polytechnic under the
State Board of Technical Education, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
CERTIFIED SAFETY COURSES
• Completed the IOSH Managing Safely conducted by CHSS.
• Certified Integrated Management System (IMS) Auditor training from TUV, Middle East (OHSAS 18001: 2007, 14001: 2004 & ISO 9001 2000).
• Certified by U S Department of Labour for the completion of the course in OSHA conducted by Mirdif Security and Safety consultants construction industry, UAE
• Certified by Society of Engineers, U.A.E. for the completion of the course in Health and safety at Construction industry.
• Certified by PCFC for the completion of First Aid Fire Fighting Training Course, Dubai, UAE.
• Certified by Safety Marine services, Sharjah, UAE for the completion of the Basic Fire Fighting Course.
• Certified by Safety Marine services, Sharjah, UAE for completion the safety awareness Course at the construction site.
• Certified by BAUER INTERNATIONAL Abu Dhabi, UAE BRANCH SPEZIALTIEFBAU GmbH GERMANY for participating internal refresher training section on Safety awareness at construction sites.
• Certified by Team Safety Consultants, Dubai UAE, for the completion of Rigging and Slinging.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Operating System : Windows 95/ 98/ 2000/ NT/ ME/ XP.
Software : MS Office, AUTO CAD 2004, PEACH TREE
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
UAE Driving License Holder
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Awarded for Achieving 23 million man-hours without a lost time accident from AL-
HABTOOR MURRAY & ROBERTS TAKENAKA (JV) in the Dubai International Airport Expansion (PHASE – 2)