Location (Residence): Kolkata, India Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in physics, chemistry, mathematics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: India Present Location: India, Kolkata Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Brief information on Self:
I am a sailing Master with vast seagoing experience. I have been actively involved in various maritime operations related to commercial, safety and routine. During these years I have had the good fortune to work with various international companies and principals of Europe, whose trade often gave me the opportunity to interact with representatives of various multinational oil companies. This offered me the unique chance to observe, understand, comprehend and incorporate the highest level of professionalism in service.
Apart from holding the Master (F.G) certificate of competency from United Kingdom, I also hold a B.Tech in Nautical Science. In addition to these I have undertaken various other courses over and above those required by STCW 95.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Employment Back drop.
Have a steady track record of stable employment. Eleven years of uninterrupted service with a single management is a testimony to this. Have grown through the hierarchy of the organization structure and presently have been employed in the highest managerial capacity on board. During the course of my career, I have had the opportunity to undertake tasks pertaining to the following
- Management of personnel and resources on board.
- Outlining and achieving time based operations.
- Undertaking surveys from various international bodies.
- Have taken over vessels and initiated, executed and monitored company SMS system including ISM preliminary, internal, external, intermediate and renewal audits.
- Preparing vessels for various trades.
- Preparing and undertaking vetting inspections from oil majors.
- Monitoring cost effectiveness on board.
- Maintaining the vessel to highest standards as demanded by the industry.
With the exception of one container ship, my entire sea service has been rendered on tanker vessels. I have had the good fortune of accumulating experience on all kinds of tankers i.e. Crude oil, Black and white products, Chemicals and Noxious liquids.
Belief in harboring enhancement of knowledge and implementing it practically has been the core of my thought process. The entire operations of any nature can be encompassed under the umbrage of SAFETY. This in itself is the “ISM” as we know it today. Propagation and implementation of SMS in an effective manner leads us on the path of self preservation and preservation of environment, which is the sole aim of “ISM”.
Armed with the feeling of confidence ensuing from my experience and knowledge, I feel I stand at the portal where I can share it with others. It could be presumptuous, but I do feel confident of doing justice to the position I seek.
Name Type GRT Rank
Jag Lavanya Tanker 58347 Master
Rosetta Tanker 28567 Master
Bergitta Tanker 56207 Master
Scarlet Tanker 17635 Master
Norwave Tanker 18477 Master
Nordic Hawk Tanker 80187 Ch. Off
Norwave Tanker 18477 Ch. Off
Trompeteros Tanker 13811 Ch. Off
Liano Tanker 17381 Ch. Off
Sea Jewel Tanker 32581 Ch. Off
Kithira Tanker 17257 2nd Off
Searose Tanker 12509 2nd Off
San Carlos Tanker 17679 2nd Off
Orient Independence Container 6369 2nd Off
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics, scored 68% in board examination, joined as direct entry cadet with esteemed India Steamship Company. 3 years of training then joined as junior officer and finally Master (FG) from United Kingdom.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
basic computer skill, email etc
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
crew management, STS operation
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]