CV New Engineering Project Manager (UK, Norway & Africa)
New Engineering Project Manager (UK, Norway & Africa)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in New Engineering Project Manager (UK, Norway & Africa) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): London, United Kingdom Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in MBA Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular) Present Location: UK, London Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Control Room Operator
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a recent MBA graduate from Cranfield school of Management, UK. I am keen to be considered for the Project Manager position. I worked as an Engineering Project Manager (Third Engineer) with Technip, one of the major Oil & Gas project management companies. I am familiar with developing project management strategy and implementing them under time, cost and quality specifications. I am familiar with quality assurance procedures and have been involved in contract negotiation activities with external suppliers. I am well versed with qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques and formulating mitigation plans to manage risk in engineering projects.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Engineering Project Manager (UK, Norway & Africa)
Developed business case and project management plan by understanding project context and aligning organisational strategy with project deliveries. Monitored and controlled engineering projects by defining Critical success factors and aligning Key performance indicators to delivere agreed benefits under time,cost and quality objectives.
• Successfully led cross functional engineering teams managing engineering projects for Oil & Gas construction activities during challenging upstream oil field construction projects such as Dalia (Angola) and Corrib (North-Sea).
• Led a cross functional team of 15 in-house technicians and 30+ international industry specialists to achieve major engineering maintenance project (£ 2 million) in France.
• Introduced structured stakeholders management process achieving long-term strategic alliance with key up-stream suppliers such as Wärtsilä, Cater-Pillar and Daihatsu.
Established a culture of Total Quality management implementing PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) approach. Led the strategy for operational excellence by influencing personnel to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
• Managed quality assurance process by undertaking quality audits, reviews and procedures. Launched quality inspection processes and cause and effect analysis to maintain quality control in the engineering services.
• Achieved 30 % reduction in service breakdowns by facilitating planned preventive maintenance procedures.
Led scenario-based risk assessment process to formulate contingency strategies for various phases of an Oil & Gas project execution as well as for on-site engineering activities. Analysed individual risk events and overall project risk by launching qualitative risk assessment process during various phases of an Oil & Gas project.
• Ensured health & safety and environmental protection requirements are met and managed risk across onboard waste disposal and management, decommissioning and clean up processes.
• Managed workplace Safety Management Systems carrying out Hazard Identification (HAZOP) and Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) studies.
Determined and applied appropriate standards and methods to minimise the likelihood of accidents, injuries or environmental impact during project implementation and operations.
• Implemented “ORCA- (Observe-Recognize-Convince-Agree)” change program, to evaluate and improve employee performance and safety during critical group operations. Proactively handled employee resistance & concerns during the successful implementation of ORCA change initiative.
• Achieved 20% reduction in occupational hazards in engineering practices by introducing qualitative risk analysis methods i.e. Permit to work and checklists.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Full - time MBA, Cranfield School of Management, U.K.
(Oct 2007- Sept 2008)
Bachelor in Marine Engineering MERI, Kolkata, India
(Oct 1997 - Oct 2001)
Diploma in Advertising Management, NIA, India
(Aug 2005 - Aug 2006
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I have also worked as freelance marketer for an UK based online marketing consulting company, called Openad.net. MBA was the conscious decision to combine my analytical ability and natural marketing creativity. MBA from one of the best schools in UK has now provided me with the technical and managerial ability to convert my innovative ideas into reality.
I have also mastered softer sides of my personality, with sharpened negotiation skills as well as presentation skills. I possess strong analytical ability and with MBA degree from one of the reputable universities in Europe, I am now in a position to do consulting activities in global oil industry.